Extremely socially awkward.

Hi My name is Finley I am extremely socially awkward due to the following issues.

( 1 ) I am often in my own world.

( 2 ) I am terrible at starting convos and when I do I often stall ( meaning the words I really want to stay get stuck in my head like printing paper often gets jammed and I don't say the words and immediately give up trying to say them.

( 3 ) fearing that I don't look interesting or intrested in talking to - as sometimes I am in a room or space where everyone is talking to each other and not talking to me or coming over to talk to me.

( 4 ) intimated by the fact that there Is a lot of stuff that I feel like I should know about but don't because it doesn't meet my interests ( if you understand what I mean )  this makes me even more socially awkward because I can't contribute to something I know little or nothing about

( 5 ) afraid of making jokes incase of doing it wrong and fearing being laughed or mocked for it.

Has anyone else felt like this. if so how do you tackle this? thanks. 

Parents
  • I often miss cues that a conversation is done its course or that it should be continuing which is tough as a cashier as its 50% scanning and dealing with money 50% being sociable 

I sometimes make a joke that would get a laugh if others did but people take me seriously 

I can make eye contact but it's tough to do so but also dont know if it's too much 

I suffer major phone anxiety .. yet I'm ok talking on cb radio perhaps its because phone calls are formal? 

I like talking to others but dislike the expectations of a friendship I always have but it's only in recent years I stopped "hanging out" to please others 

I only have a small number if friends I'd go for a drink with but I cant cope with talking one  headset while gaming (which I now know is sensory overload but I used to just assume it was because I wanted to hear my game)

• I often miss cues that a conversation is done its course or that it should be continuing which is tough as a cashier as its 50% scanning and dealing with money 50% being sociable 

I sometimes make a joke that would get a laugh if others did but people take me seriously 

I can make eye contact but it's tough to do so but also dont know if it's too much 

I suffer major phone anxiety .. yet I'm ok talking on cb radio perhaps its because phone calls are formal? 

I like talking to others but dislike the expectations of a friendship I always have but it's only in recent years I stopped "hanging out" to please others 

I only have a small number if friends I'd go for a drink with but I cant cope with talking one  headset while gaming (which I now know is sensory overload but I used to just assume it was because I wanted to hear my game)

Children
No Data