Recently diagnosed, I'd love to make friends and chat!!

Hi! I'm Rebecca, and I'm a 21 (22 in a few days) year old psychology undergraduate student. I'd love to make friends with people, especially those who share any of my interests!!

I LOVE video games. RPGs are typically my favourite, but I am happy to try out any genre. I love all aspects of video games, from the development, to the art direction, to the voice acting and to the software/development limitations that end up becoming defining traits in a game (such as the fog in silent hill!)

My favourite games are the Yakuza series, the Pokemon series, Persona 4, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Splatoon series! I also just like learning about games in general, even if I haven't played them myself.

I am also a big anime fan, but I am usually into older titles, such as Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Recently, though, I have loved Dungeon Meshi! I am a MASSIVE fan of Mob Psycho 100!! I really like to make art for my favourite shows.

I love anything cute. I have been really into Monster High recently, and I love My Little Pony! Sanrio is another huge interest of mine! I am a big collector, so I have an obscene amount of plushies and figurines.

I really enjoy Psychology!! I love autism research (who would have guessed?) but honestly I will read about anything and everything because I love learning new things!!!!

I hope I can meet people who like the same things as me! Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!!

Parents
  • I love some of your interests and your enthusiasm! thanks and welcome!

I have a lifetime interest in the visual arts. I paint in oils.

these days, house-less, I write stories, instead.

I also love to research things and investigate various things as they come up. I believe it is the investigating that I enjoy.

Autism research is a good one for me. I keep reading and more these days as the viewpoints around it are shifting and morphing so swiftly.  I'm also very interested in the early history (and it is all about "his") especially the crossover effects of Freud's theories and how they reflect the demand for social control and structure to be bolstered. The war's influence annd the influence and misuse of psychiatry within the 3rd Reich.

These days I enjoy studying on the early branching off into very interesting areas of practice subsequent to the work of Wilhelm Reich and Jung and all the others that followed.

I had a first row seat for the influence the '60s had on the demise of rigid social norms and the role it payed in psychiatry.

My fav. anime are. Stein's Gate, Cowboy Bee Bop, the Giburi study works, Attack on Titan, Mushishi, and some others. I haven't watched much in the last few years so it's nice to get some new titles from you. I havent bee watching much hese days.

• It's amazing that you do oil painting! I'd love to try it some day, but I'm not very good at realism. Practice makes perfect I suppose!! What subject matter do you paint?

The history of autism research is fascinating but also very harrowing, as you mentioned the 3rd Reich did some awful things. Thankfully, things have improved A LOT since then, and I'm amazed at the new research that has been coming out!!

I love steins gate! I need to rewatch it! And attack on titan is great too, definitely one of my favourites. To be honest, I havent been too keen on a lot of recent anime. Just not my cup of tea! But dungeon meshi has been a refreshing change of pace. It's hilarious but it also has a lot of heart!

• Yes me neither. There is nothing new that draws me in like that golden moment in anime.

–I just remembered an NHK produced animation series that really stuck with me : "Planet Es" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816398/

oil painting has always been easier for me than other disciplines. I especially like the tactility of it. and the bounce of the canvas, the blending and the colors. I don't paint now but I still enjoy having done it and can rewind to experience again as I like.

I also did a great deal of abstract paintings.

I will PM you with a link. 

• Yes me neither. There is nothing new that draws me in like that golden moment in anime.

–I just remembered an NHK produced animation series that really stuck with me : "Planet Es" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816398/

oil painting has always been easier for me than other disciplines. I especially like the tactility of it. and the bounce of the canvas, the blending and the colors. I don't paint now but I still enjoy having done it and can rewind to experience again as I like.

I also did a great deal of abstract paintings.

I will PM you with a link. 

Children