Recently diagnosed, I'd love to make friends and chat!!

Hi! I'm Rebecca, and I'm a 21 (22 in a few days) year old psychology undergraduate student. I'd love to make friends with people, especially those who share any of my interests!!

I LOVE video games. RPGs are typically my favourite, but I am happy to try out any genre. I love all aspects of video games, from the development, to the art direction, to the voice acting and to the software/development limitations that end up becoming defining traits in a game (such as the fog in silent hill!)

My favourite games are the Yakuza series, the Pokemon series, Persona 4, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Splatoon series! I also just like learning about games in general, even if I haven't played them myself.

I am also a big anime fan, but I am usually into older titles, such as Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Recently, though, I have loved Dungeon Meshi! I am a MASSIVE fan of Mob Psycho 100!! I really like to make art for my favourite shows.

I love anything cute. I have been really into Monster High recently, and I love My Little Pony! Sanrio is another huge interest of mine! I am a big collector, so I have an obscene amount of plushies and figurines.

I really enjoy Psychology!! I love autism research (who would have guessed?) but honestly I will read about anything and everything because I love learning new things!!!!

I hope I can meet people who like the same things as me! Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!!

• Hi 

Hello and welcome. I am not officially diagnosed but self-diagnosed. My daughter was diagnosed last year, which led to a search for my own identity and understanding who I really was all along.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who said they were interested in the making of video games too, so am I. And since I was a child of the 90's, there were a lot of technical limitations, which I find interesting to understand how they got around them. I feel exactly the same with film and especially animation, I'll enjoy experiencing it then want to understand exactly how it was made. I used to love those "making of" documentaries on DVDs which I don't see much of anymore.

• Hi

I'm happy to discuss my recent diagnosis experience while it is fresh in my mind (was earlier this year). I'm logging off now, but I accept friend request, or you can make a thread. I'll check in tomorrow.

• By the way I'd you like pokemon there a fun ps1 game called jade cacoon not sure if it's easy to buy but worth a look at videos of it 

• Why did you send me a friend request? Will you be in regular contact with me?

• Why did you send me a friend request? Will you be in regular contact with me?

• Can I ask how was the diagnosis I'm going to my go asap to finally ask to get an assement as I definitely have some sort of neurodiverse but bot too sure weather it will be asd or not but people have been saying to me for a while it could be due to things like light sensitivity like I have to shut the curtains on a bright day or it hurts also like if I get into a new hobby I buy books about it and learn all about it(try not to go online as lots of misinformation and stopped using facebook etc as people are bullies and will say your wrong about something when in reality they are basically gatekeeping the hobby and if you approach the hobby in a different way your wrong)

I'd like to know that is if your ok sharing I do t want anyone to share things they dont want to but how long did ur take to get the diagnosis and how was the process I just get super nervous in medical situations 

I kind of feel like because I dont present as typical autistic they might *** me down and refuse me 

Like I can do eye contact and i will but more because its been drummed into me over the years on employment corsew but even in work with co workers I'm ok with I fear im doing the whole eye contact thing wrong ... could say it's kind of masking? But I would say I'm ok with eye contact with those I live with though but anyone outside my close family it's not as easy but I do force my self a bit to concentrate on it

Also ... and correct me if this is like misinformation or a stereotype but I have heard people say autism means you cant play pretend or imagine things ... I used to love playing pretend as a kid but on my own in my room not with others and as an adult I like playing dnd as a dm/GM where I tell the story 

I will say though if I teu making my own stories the ideas are hard to link and if that's in a dnd game I have to keep it short like I vant do more than a 5 hour campaign(for non dnd players that's 5 hours with players deciding stuff in terms of story time that's like 2 hours tops if not less) but my kid who's autistic can make better stories so I have handed my game over to him so like he can use my end as a plot hook(which is how my game started he had a great idea for 3 games and i used it as a hook for 5 games at 1 hrs each)

Also it anyone can answer this is it ok to seek a diagnosis just for comformation and so you can help others in possible future jobs or what ever understand you I dony feel I need too much help now bit might layer on 

And also I wear ear defenders but currently just at home but I feel with a diagnosis I could explain to people why I need them and be understood 

• Hello I basically like everything you like if you want call me on Private

• Hi chococo,

It is good to see you back.

Email notifications can be changed on your profile under settings then notifications. There are lots of options. I'm not sure which ones actually work, to be honest!

• Thanks for the reply. I agree that Sims 4 gameplay is rather hit and miss. I have the dream home decorator pack, so when I play a sim I usually choose that as a career and redecorate all the boring SmileNPC houses. It's great to change the Goth family home from dark dreary colours to light/ bright ones - who cares if they like it or not, haha! SmileSmile

• I also like acrylic paint but water colours are my favourite!

• Hi Mark, I'm so sorry for the late reply, my notifications arent working!!!!

Two of the most important things i can remember: make sure to max out Adachi and Marie's social links as soon as you can! They are only available on certain days, so you may need to check a spoiler-free guide. Good luck! I don't believe there is anything else you should worry about.

• Hiya!! Im so sorry for the late reply, I don't get any notifications!!! Cold sweat I absolutely LOVED assassins creed oddysey! Such a terrific game! I also have played FO4 recently, but still haven't finished it.

I LOVE SIMS 4! I have nearly 1000 hours in it Joy I too love the decorating, the gameplay can be a bit hit or miss Sweat smile

• AAAH so sorry for the late reply!!!! I don't get any notifications on here!!!!! A book fan huh?? I love reading too but I'm a bit of a cheapskate so its so hard to actually commit to buying a book Joy

• Hi - we are encouraged to remain anonymous here. But if you keep up the interactions on here, you could make some friends. Just be careful giving out your own information, and don't be offended if most people do not give out theirs.

• Hello! I am moving to London and would love to meet new "neurospicy" friends.

I am 36, software developer. I love READING whatever falls in my hands, although I normally focus on History, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I also love music, specially POWER METAL and all kinds of rock. I kinda sing and play the piano, too!

Anyone around Hammersmith & Fulham for a coffee meeting? <3

• Hi, I also enjoy video games. My favourite RPGs are Assassins Creed Odyssey, Valhalla & Origins, and Fallout 4. 

I also play Sims 4 from time to time, as I enjoy the building and decorating aspect.

• I really hope you like it!! Grin

• Hi When I started playing, I remembered that these games can often bring out my 'worst' autistic trait, in that I want to 'collect' and 'do everything' - almost at the expense of enjoyment. I am going to resist trying to get 100%, but from what I remember of Persona 5 was that there were so many events/things that were missable. I've looked at the walkthroughs and they are really big! So I was wondering, do you have a top 5 list of missables that you think I could be warned about so that I don't miss them - key date/times to keep a note of? I won't get a chance to play until Monday (UK time). Thanks for listening!

• I like acrylic paint as dries quick, can correct any errors by painting over the paint. In my volunteering group we painted bird boxes and pebbles. 

• NHK. Quite possibly the most relaxing TV channel ever invented. An hour long documentary on chopstick making. I love it.