Hii I'm JessaBee. I have autism and I'm also ADHD and suffering from quite debilitating anxiety. I've been practicing mindfulness to try and help with the anxiety.

I love bees! They are my special interest and I also like being creative, drawing and painting; and I like listening to music, reading and writing, and watching stuff. 

I'm currently learning to drive. Wish I could fly like a bee though lol Joy it would be a lot less stress for me!

I do a lot of reading. I love books, they are a great escape for me. My latest read is Neuro Tribes by Steve Silberman... it's a book about autism, highly recommend if anyone here hasn't read it. I'm loving it so far! Really good book.

Nice to meet you. See you about.

• Hii dad1967,

Hope you're having a lovely day Blush Bee 

Buzzing about rather than parallel parking would suit me just fine lol Laughing I wish! I like driving but when the roads are busy it's a nightmare but I'm hoping I'll pass ok when the time comes. 

I work with little children and have to take the bus to work and that makes me anxious so I'm hoping I can pass and then I'll be able to drive to work. 

Fingers crossed Fingers crossed tone1  

Thanks so much. I'm already feeling at home here and have met some lovely people already.

Have a lovely day BeeBee

• Hey JessaBee! Nice to meet you too! With your love for bees, it sounds like you're already halfway to mastering the buzz of life—even while navigating the traffic of learning to drive. If only we could all zip around like bees, dodging the dreaded parallel parking, right? Smile It’s awesome that you're exploring mindfulness to help with your anxiety, and diving into books like Neuro Tribes really shows your passion for understanding and embracing your unique traits. Keep buzzing through your creative pursuits and maybe one day, we’ll invent a bee-mobile just for you! Keep flying high in your own way, and I’ll see you around the hive!

• That sounds lovely. You sound very creative! Blush 

I haven't tried a tripod, good shout though! I'll try and invest in one. Nerves is my problem as well. When I'm outside I'm a nervous wreck lol but inside I can take pics and there's no problem.

• I like to photograph sunsets, sunrise, shimmer, flowers and old buildings. Also what I'd made.

Have you tried photography with a tripod? That maybe help you with the hand shaking. I used to shake a lot due to nerves etc.

• Patience and Greatest Day are my favourite songs of Take That Grinning

• After I was diagnosed I got so many books because I wanted to know everything about autism and try to absorb as much as I could do I could better manage it and help myself but like you found it's a really stressful and overwhelming approach, and too much to take in. 

I think already our brains have so much to process and it's like overloading it trying to take in so much. A lot of books I stopped and decided I would return to them when the time is right, like you are now, and I think that's the best approach.

Really cool you can get it on audiobook as well. I didn't know that! I own a lot of books but have slowly been trying to replace a lot with audiobooks, I find them easier than reading and they save a lot of space. 

The bees are disappearing... Going back home to Planet Melissa Majoria... Laughing I loved David Tennant with Catherine Tate, the Doctor Donna. Great duo in my opinion...

This might be what first started my love of bees lol. It's the first episode I ever saw. 

Don't worry bees are lovely really, they get anxious and that's what makes them sting, like a last resort thing. If you remain calm around them they just buzz off, no pun intended. 

My mum is scared of bees too. Funny though because I'm scared of wasps lol.

• Welcome aboard, JessaBee. You’ve just reminded me that I must finish Neurotribes one of these days. I have the audiobook paused about two thirds in. Bought it during those heady early days just post-diagnosis and went full tilt into that and other ways to know ‘everything’ all at once and then maybe over-saturated myself with all that stuff. Now that I have a bit more balance of inputs going on, not a bad time to delve back in. 

Bees are cool, though I’m not going to pretend they don’t scare me. Insects in general are a big phobia for me, but when I see. Picture of a bee (pictures are safe!) they are rather beautiful. And we all know that if the bees ever all vanish overnight, we need to start worrying! 

Or do I mean dolphins…? I’m sure Russell T Davies or Douglas Adams could help me out thereSlight smile

• Yeah, I'm the same as you though. Patience might be my favourite song of theirs. 

• Me too. 

Did you hear their new music? I like it. I prefer their original stuff like Patience, Greatest Day, Shine...

But I liked the new as well. 

• Nice! I like Take That and similar boybands. 

• Hi! Bee 

What sort of music do you like? 

I like photography too but I'm terrible at it. I like to photograph bees because they are my favourite things and my special interest... But my hands shake and I can't get a clear pic lol.

• Hi, thanks, I like most music to be honest. Lately I've been listening to a lot of groups so like Queen, Take That, Duran Duran, Culture Club and the Eagles...

• Welcome! What music do you like?

• Hello

I'm a 40-year-old who loves photography, reading, music and podcasts. 

I attend a social group about twice a month where we do arts and crafts, play games, and listen to guest speakers. Find your passions and a supportive community like I have!"

There is a support group which meets every month for 2 hours. A small fee. Unfortunately the venue is at a weatherspoons which isn't nice and there is a dark alleyway. I'll give it a miss.

• I be laugh that for me autism became my next interest, I’m gonna love it for sure!

• Hii thank you.

That's great! I hope you'll enjoy it and find it an interesting book. I like autism books, they can be good resources and a reminder that I'm not alone with a lot of the things I go through.

• Nice to meet you too! Welcome to the neuro tribe! I’m gonna buy this book.