Hello

Hello I'm Enchanted and I'm new to the community. I've got autism and have been struggling with anxiety of late because my mum is unwell. She has hospital this morning and I'm worried about what her tests will reveal.

I'm keeping calm though by doing the things I love. I love to do writing, I've been writing a book and completed another draft this morning, already written 1,000 words, whoo hoo! I'm also partially watching Bones.

It's raining really heavy right now but as I'm feeling well this morning I'm hoping to go out in the garden this afternoon, just for half an hour, so I can watch the birds. I love watching wildlife.

Nice to meet you.

• Nice. 

I have been thinking about things like that. I have such a story to give of decades of trying to work out what was happening to me... My life would easily make a film! 

• Cool video, I liked and subscribed Slight smile 

Yeah I might upload some of my writing at some point, if I produce anything worthy of being read lol. Generally I tend to write loads and loads and then I delete it because I don't like it. It has to really impress me to be saved. Most of what I write is discarded though.

• My book is about autism and how it affects my life and how I have discovered myself more on my journey and gained more tips on how to deal with it all. It's sort of a diary I guess but maybe one day if I publish it then it might be a self help book for others? That would be nice. But at the moment I'm still writing it.

• Thank you so much both of you. I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far.

• Well, that's good.

Glad to hear  the  pair of you are doing  well.

• I'm so glad you're both doing well!

• replying to you here separately because my posts kept getting marked as spam.

Hi Scott,

So nice to meet you. I understand the wanting of more independence, this is something I'm still trying hard to achieve but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. But I am still trying.

I'm sorry you've been through so much trauma. It must be so hard to have to deal with, I know trauma can continue to affect you years later. I'm so glad you recovered from Covid.

It's something I have never had, thankfully!

That is so fascinating that you live there! I would love to live there, it would be like a dream for me lol. I've always loved Titanic and I am still as interested in it now, I feel I always will be though my interests do waver sometimes so maybe not! I own a lot of Titanic books and the vinyl of the soundtrack. I like to collect things. 

I love Disney films and Pixar as well. Well, every animated film to be honest. They all appeal to me in a really big way. The Hotel Transylvania series of films are one of my ultimate favourites, they are so relaxed and funny... I could watch them over and over, and do, frequently lol.

It's nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing you around here.

• Hi Scott,

So nice to meet you. I understand the wanting of more independence, this is something I'm still trying hard to achieve but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. But I am still trying.

I'm sorry you've been through so much trauma. It must be so hard to have to deal with, I know trauma can continue to affect you years later. I'm so glad you recovered from Covid.

That is so fascinating that you live there! I would love to live there, it would be like a dream for me lol. I've always loved Titanic and I am still as interested in it now, I feel I always will be though my interests do waver sometimes so maybe not! I own a lot of Titanic books and the vinyl of the soundtrack. I like to collect things. 

I love Disney films and Pixar as well. Well, every animated film to be honest. They all appeal to me in a really big way. The Hotel Transylvania series of films are one of my ultimate favourites, they are so relaxed and funny... I could watch them over and over, and do, frequently lol.

It's nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing you around here Blush

• Hi Scott,

It's nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing you around here Blush

• Hi  and 

My mum is doing great thank you both for asking!

I'm doing all right as well, recovering from a migraine. I get them occasionally and when I do I stay in bed until it passes.

• Hello Enchanted and welcome !

I love writing too and recently have really enjoyed making videos for my YouTube channel 'The Origins of Autism' (link below).

Could we see your writing please? I would willingly give you feedback

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmHGmMcraOp707GRmU8RxVrnXTyoURu7o

• Hello Enchanted,

My name is Scott, I have read your profile and I can relate to it.

At the time of posting, I have just turned 29 and I am also living with my parents, trying to get a job and yearning for some independence.

I have also had trauma happen to me over the last few years. I have had three family bereavements, and I am also an early COVID survivor, having spent 2 weeks in intensive care in 2020.

At one time, I could have told you everything there is to know about the Titanic. I even live in the town where the most senior surviving officer, Charles Lightoller, is from. I still have an interest, just not as much as I used to.

In the last few years, I have learned to love Disney films again, after having high school teachers drumming it into me that "I am an adult now". The animated films that I watch mostly are Oliver and Co, Tom and Jerry: The Movie (1992), Bolt, The Rescuers, Hotel Transylvania franchise, Inside Out, A Goofy Movie and Turning Red.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

• So 3 days later, how is your mother doing  ?

And you for that matter

Yes, how are you and your mother doing?

• So 3 days later, how is your mother doing  ?

And you for that matter.

• hi im southern brumby 4 and nict to meet you

• Oh, yay, I'm so glad it's not as bad as you thought it would be.

• Yeah I love the talent shows. Britain's Got Talent dominates my life whenever it's on, as did X Factor when it was on. I watch The Voice but I don't love it. 

I have watched Only Fools and Horses. I don't watch much scripted comedy apart from Bad Education and Not Going Out, but I love Would I Lie to You.

Do you sing as well? I love One Direction too.

• Hello. Nice writing a book. What is it about?