Hi

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself Slight smile I have autism, anxiety, ADHD and dyslexia. I like to read and listen to music.

Parents
  • Hi,

What sort of things do you like to read? I used to work in a library and loved having access to so many different books

Alisha xx

• Hi Alisha.

I love so many different types of books so it really depends on what I'm feeling. Sometimes I need a read from the likes of The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, for pure escape into fantasy, a book that really makes me think hard is East of Eden by John Steinbeck, but other times I need harder reads by the likes of Stephen King - my Mum disapproves - or sometimes I'll read the works of William Shakespeare! I own his book set but it's a limited edition leather book set from the 1930s.

My parents bought them for me last year for my 15th birthday. I haven't read them all yet but I have read some and they are pure magic!

Sometimes though my inner child still calls out and I'll read some of my children books I still have so like David Walliams, Roald Dahl, Terry Pratchett... 

I love so many books I could never have a firm fave. Some of my faves are:

The Starless Sea, Harry Potter, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, The Secret Garden, The Book Thief, East of Eden, The Lord of the Rings, Murder on the Orient Express...

What are your fave books?

I first got a love for reading when I first started school and even now during free periods at school I spend my time in the library surrounded by books. It's a peaceful environment to be within.

• Hi Alisha.

I love so many different types of books so it really depends on what I'm feeling. Sometimes I need a read from the likes of The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, for pure escape into fantasy, a book that really makes me think hard is East of Eden by John Steinbeck, but other times I need harder reads by the likes of Stephen King - my Mum disapproves - or sometimes I'll read the works of William Shakespeare! I own his book set but it's a limited edition leather book set from the 1930s.

My parents bought them for me last year for my 15th birthday. I haven't read them all yet but I have read some and they are pure magic!

Sometimes though my inner child still calls out and I'll read some of my children books I still have so like David Walliams, Roald Dahl, Terry Pratchett... 

I love so many books I could never have a firm fave. Some of my faves are:

The Starless Sea, Harry Potter, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, The Secret Garden, The Book Thief, East of Eden, The Lord of the Rings, Murder on the Orient Express...

What are your fave books?

I first got a love for reading when I first started school and even now during free periods at school I spend my time in the library surrounded by books. It's a peaceful environment to be within.

Children
  • I'm a big fan of John Steinbeck's work too. I'm very impressed that you read Shakespeare, I love the plays that he wrote but never understand half the words he chooses to use. 

I read books from my childhood too, particularly if I've found a day really hard. I was absolutely obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson as a kid, so I read those. Roald Dahl is classic, love those stories. 

I wouldn't have a clue where to even start with a fav book. Really like Holly Jackson, they are a nice read