Hello Everyone

I'm in my early 40s and was diagnosed with autism just two months ago, so I'm still getting to grips with how it's impacting me and how best to respond.

Parents
  • Hello everyone. I'm 41 and I received my autism report three days ago. I was extremely disappointed by it - it made me feel like a defective person. My psychologist wrote that I kept bringing the conversation back to myself, which I'm utterly baffled by - the appointment was about *me* and *my* brain. Anyway, I have had some lovely, encouraging messages from friends and fellow autists in response to me sharing my disappointment about the report. I hope this is a helpful post.

• Hello everyone. I'm 41 and I received my autism report three days ago. I was extremely disappointed by it - it made me feel like a defective person. My psychologist wrote that I kept bringing the conversation back to myself, which I'm utterly baffled by - the appointment was about *me* and *my* brain. Anyway, I have had some lovely, encouraging messages from friends and fellow autists in response to me sharing my disappointment about the report. I hope this is a helpful post.

Children