The Journey of I, Dream, the man...

Content Removed By: Author

• Hi there,

The decision not to add an underline was mine, as I also work on the main website. We feel that underlining looks too much like links, so we don't use it anywhere on the site, except where links are underlined automatically.

I'd like to reassure everyone that our relationship with you is not contractual - we don't expect you to give us anything for this service, only to keep following the rules. The legal issue about alleged cancer treatments is a specific and unusual one, and we need to be extra careful there.

I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks,

Alex R - mod

• I know where you're coming from IntenseWorld, I really do, but I also get where the mod's are coming from as well (having been in printing I was conscious of the libel laws, plus the research I was doing from 2000-2009 meant I had to learn about "medical claims" leglislation).

I'm sure we can discuss "hypotheticals" without endangering NAS, perhaps even "anecdotal experience", however seeing as I've only been here 2 days I REALLY don't want to "rock the boat" and create waves which could have totally unintended consequences for this community, it's probably better if we stick to the "our species is a genetically modified race of slaves created by aliens" conspiracy stuff! Wink *chuckle* Better safe than sorry eh?

No, the html italic thing didn't work Frown

• Understood Anil, I think I know exactly which sentence you were referring to and have removed it....

OH MY GOODNESS - there's an italic button!!! That's got to be one of the fastest reactions to a comment I've ever witnessed!

Hallelujah brothers and sisters, what an amazing place this is! :-)

• Hello again IntenseWorld,

Thanks for another compliment, but "smart" is relative I think, and I still maintain that any appearance of being "intellectual" or "intelligent" I project is purely illusory!

I struggle reading and am quite slow, however some topics I have read much on, however find watching lectures, discourses or seminars much easier to follow.

Sorry, I'll try not to mention "conspiracies" as I really wouldn't wish to wind you up (my father once said to me "you can know too much" which we argued about at the time as from my perspective, to make an "informed decision" you can only ever "not know enough", the more information and data the better... however I think now he was actually talking about something else.

Yes, I have heard of bioresonance although not studied that particular field. My first "discovery" back in 2000 was that of Royal Raymond Rife, however the Rife generators available are NOT the same as the original technology, and without Rife's microscope to discover the unique viral, bacterial, fungal or pathogenic frequency required I think one is on a hiding to nothing.

The next thing I came across was Bob Beck's protocol, that became an obsession, and following my fathers death I wanted to know if ionic colloidal silver and blood electrification could have saved my father. It's a looong story, but I ended up starting a business after having a machine built to my specifications. I carried out my own successful (although somewhat base and crass experiments) which "in my book" were successes.

However I'd started the business with purely altruistic intentions, lost thousands and thousands of pounds over the years, and following my redundancy in 2009 decided to "let it go" (partially due to cost and partially for my own peace of mind). I still keep the website up for "historical purposes" because the evidence I'd collected was not just "anecdotal", some of it was pure science (such as the water purification tests carried out by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, technically a "blind study" as they had absolutely no idea what they were testing!).

There are also free schematics which were donated to me by a chap who'd been imprisoned by the FDA whom I'd bought my first device from in 2000. He'd unfortunately made "medical claims", and despite the FDA failing to get a SINGLE CUSTOMER to complain about him, they still stuck him in gaol for a few years. I got back in touch when he was released saying I'd like to buy some schematics to give them away and he just sent them to me Smile  There's also a large "resource library" on blood electrification and ionic colloidal silver which seemed wrong to take down seeing as so much effort had been put into gathering the data and creating it.

I remember a few years into the project I was going through the logs of who was visiting the website and was really surprised as I was doing the reverse DNS lookups (changing the numerical IP addresses into readable names) that most of them were actually from American and Canadian Universities, however I remember the panic attack I had when part way down the list the number turned out to be something like "the Israeli Intelligence Service" at which point I shut my computer off and never looked at the website logs again!!!

But as I say, I've really had to let go of that period of my life, for my own sanity as much as anything else... like I say, long story, very painful only coming into contact with desperate and sickly people whom conventional medicine has failed *sigh* Googling "agh2o info" still appears to find the old DreamWeaver Electronic Alchemy Research Project, even though I've "laid it to rest" so to speak.

Yes, I have heard the heart has it's own neural network giving it a memory of about 2 seconds. I'm not entirely convinced "science" is interpreting the discovery correctly though personally.

I also agree about the number of "closed minds" or "blinkered views" the masses appear to share (although I suspect we all have our own blinkers in some sense or other). The lack of questioning I find particularly disturbing though. A lovely phrase I once heard was "The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open" Smile

• IntenseWorld said:

Maybe it was me?

Maybe, but more likely to have been me in my verbose ramblings. As I mentioned, I want to let that "episode" of my life go, however I've still got all that data in my head, so if a topic starts veering towards that arena, I can babble on about it. Some of it may be true, some of it may not be.

I'd have to go through the NAS terms and conditions with a tooth-comb to see if they have a "get out" clause for themselves, but even then, because EVERYTHING is "Contract", if something we've said "caused offense", it maybe that in a Court the NAS "get-out" could be deemed "an illegal exclusion clause" which would not "stand up". This is why I prefer to stick to "common-law" which I "understand" as opposed to the ridiculous "legislation".... ohhhh, I can feel my hackles rising as all the "Legal vs Lawful" information is coming into my head!!!

Dream to Self: Deep breaths, calm, calm, calm *chuckle*

• Hi both,

As Dream says, we do maintain a certain degree of liability here. There's no need to delete entire posts but the discussion of cancer treatment was of particular concern to us. It was of concern as it was implied a successful treatment was applied, which we felt brought up said legal implications. 

My apologies for not emailing you privately Dream, but I'm trying to address Intenseworld's concerns as well. 

Thank you again for your understanding. 

• Maybe it was me?  I said something about bio-resonance.  I'm confused as to which bit(s) were the offending one(s).  But surely if it's published by the individuals it's their responsibility and people know these are forums which are for discussion and not published pages by the NAS.  Plus there is usually a get-out clause somewhere about the organisation not endorsing the views of the contributors or something?

• Anil A - Mod said:

there are legal implications.

Trust me Anil, I do totally understand, NAS has "liabilty" for all "published material", so if there is anything in my posts you would wish me to edit out, please email me the specific sentences and I will do so post-haste. (I would prefer to edit out lines than have entire posts deleted, but I accept your decisions).

• @Anil A - Mod, I took you literally and thought you meant that someone on the thread was claiming cures.  Surely just discussing what we have read about is acceptable, we aren't selling anything or advising people go and have particular treatments, just talking about things we read about.  People on the spectrum are usually great at research and absorbing information, surely we ought to be welcome to be ourselves here?

@Dream, yes we are honest and it often doesn't go down well!  But I cannot change who I am, hence one of our many struggles in society.  For me, playing NT games would be a huge lie in itself for me.  This is why we struggle with intentions of others, because they don't say what they mean or mean what they say a lot of the time.

RE italics, I've tried html code in forums that don't have it and it never works as you have found!

• Hi both,

As Dream has pointed out, "medical claims/cures" is an area one has to be very careful with, as there are legal implications. We'd rather be cautious in this instance. 

Dream, I very much appreciate your understanding in this matter. I'll pass on your suggestion to our developers to hopefully include. 

Intenseworld, it's not our intention to stifle any discussions, and we usually try to avoid stepping in, but this is an area we do have to be careful about. 

Take care,
    Anil 

• IntenseWorld said:

I've always wanted an italics button too, and an underline one.

Has anyone ever tried using the same html used by WordPress? I think the italics one is [em]testing italics[/em]

I'll be interested to see if that works :-)

• Hi IntenseWorld, I haven't read back through the entire 4 pages of our thoroughly enjoyable conversation, but remember the guy I mentioned sent to prison for making "medical claims"? Due to the fact that there are a despicable group of charlatans out there prepared to profit from others suffering with "snake oil" cures, one MUST NOT EVER suggest anything not "approved" by "authorities" has any health benefits.

I have been accused in the past of being "too honest", and it would seem that this is a trait which those of us on the Autistic Spectrum share, we speak our minds with honesty. Perhaps the NeuroTypicals tend to lack this trait?

• I've always wanted an italics button too, and an underline one.

• Anil A - Mod said:
    can I ask that discussions of claims of cures etc for whatever condition are not discussed please?

Sincere apologies Anil, I always had to be very careful ensuring I never made any "medical claims" whilst involved in the field of research I was involved with, and had not realised I'd accidently said anything which could be interpreted as such here.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention without reprimanding or rebuking me harshly, it is genuinely appreciated.

On a different note, as a Moderator, could you advise where I should make a suggestion to include an "Italics" button in the same way as there is a "bold" button in the comments section please? I know it might be petty and seem minor, it's just that personally I find it useful.

Thank you again.
    Safe journeys,
    Dream

• Huh? I didn't see any claims for cures?  What's that about?

I think having that sort of rule, absolutely stifles people having reasonable discourse.  I cannot see anything on this thread that breaks any rules or is unreasonable.

Please explain Anil A - Mod.

• While the thread has drifted away from it, can I ask that discussions of claims of cures etc for whatever condition are not discussed please? 

thanks,
    Anil 

• longman said:
    I would be interesting to know if any readers of this on the spectrum had similar concerns about lecturing/teaching style.

Hello again Longman, in my experience, monotonous monotone monologues both fail to inspire or engage my mind. For example, a history teacher I had used to speak for either 1 or 2 hours dictating to us with absolutely no interaction at all. I recall absolutely nothing from Mr Bland (ironically that was actually his name).

Because of my difficulties reading, I thoroughly enjoy watching lectures, but also think it's important to have visual aids or a visual presentation to aid my understanding. I also think that the use of rhetorical questions, or actual questions such as "raise your hands if you think..." to engage students minds is nigh on vital to ensure thoughts are actually passing through their heads.

I'd also be interested in your thoughts on an idea I had in the 90's. Whilst discussing with a teenager something he'd been taught in physics as "fact", I'd pointed out an unanswered question to the "model" (I forget now what it was), however it suddenly came to me that instead of teaching children rigid dogmatic "beliefs", our species could evolve quicker if we taught children that which we do NOT know... does that make sense?

The most recent example was a wonderful documentary I watched last week titled "the Big Bang Never Happened". Nasa's own photographs from Hubble raise serious questions on Red Shift and quasars. The Astronomer who started doing further research into this proposing a "non cosmological red shift theory" (presenting what appeared to me as compelling evidence to back up his claims), seemed to think he was going to receive a Nobel prize or something, instead he was told "you can't use our telescope any more" and lost his job.

As I mentioned to IntenseWorld earlier in this thread, the phrase "Science: always in error but never in doubt" seems sadly true to me. Back in the 80's and early 90's the debate was going on whether there would be a "Big Crunch" or whether the expansion of the Universe would continue infinitely getting colder and colder. When their maths and measurements suggested there was not enough visible matter to hold galaxies together in the fashion observed by gravity alone, they merely tweaked the "model" by inventing "Dark Matter", just to "balance the books" so to speak. Later when they decided to measure the deceleration of the expansion and discovered it was actually accelerating, they had to tweak the model again by inventing "Dark Energy". So now we're at a point where the Standard Cosmological Model suggests that around 96% of the "observable universe" is NOT observable, neither can the theory be tested... so I would ask, at what point does one say... "Hmmm.... maybe our model is broken beyond repair and we need to start again"?

Your thoughts from being through academia would be appreciated Longman.

• Dream said:
    When I returned to the Psychiatrist and told him he said "well you should have stopped taking them"! HUH?!? Do they not read the instructions themselves? "Do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor.

Yes, and if you're anything like me, my Aspie brain often needs something spelling out, as I don't assume things.  NTs cannot get their heads round the fact that whilst they may go round making assumptions all the time (and confusing us in the process) we do not!  Tack that on to being rule-bound, and they surely would know we would follow what we are supposed to do.

• longman said:
    However I was always very conscious of students falling asleep - there are warning signs (heads tilting back or drooping...

Ah,ha,ha, Longman you crack me up!  Yes, that would do it.  Along with loud snores emitting from an open mouth whilst said head is pointed at the ceiling!Money Mouth

I bet your lectures were great, theatrical and interesting.  That's dedication.  (Oops, that sounds dangerously like a compliment!)