Hello - Looking For Help Please

Diagnosed ASD in 2019.

Had zero help or support.

No local support groups available.

Struggling desperately with outside/external noise.

Stuck in house.

Having to use earplugs + noise-cancelling headphones at same time, pretty much all the time.

Does anyone else have any advice, please?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Typical. Ignored again. Story of my life :(

• Mark I've only recently returned to this community after an absence owing to technical difficulties with a former email platform where I was known by this community as NAS83898 (see this and both profiles) I've been around a bit and done lots despite my own autism. I've learned to develop a thick skin since childhood over my 78 years.  I understand how masking to do so can wear one out both mentally and physically. I was able to survive the NT world through focusing on my work. Socially I've been useless. All I can offer you is not to give up. You must learn fortitude---it's a matter of survival but it is tiring. There is no magic wand for us---only support that generally just isn't there. So, carry on with this site and you will ---eventually gain some fortitude in the knowledge you are not alone!

• Mark I've only recently returned to this community after an absence owing to technical difficulties with a former email platform where I was known by this community as NAS83898 (see this and both profiles) I've been around a bit and done lots despite my own autism. I've learned to develop a thick skin since childhood over my 78 years.  I understand how masking to do so can wear one out both mentally and physically. I was able to survive the NT world through focusing on my work. Socially I've been useless. All I can offer you is not to give up. You must learn fortitude---it's a matter of survival but it is tiring. There is no magic wand for us---only support that generally just isn't there. So, carry on with this site and you will ---eventually gain some fortitude in the knowledge you are not alone!

Children
No Data