Lost and lonely in my autism

Hi all my name is SJ 44   married with one fantastic little boy . I was assessed as autistic 2 years ago. After many years of various cycles of mental health which I now know is burn out and melt down overwhelm. I have been treated for sex addiction in my 20s , GAD, I am dyslexic. Medicated for ten years and still on medication for anxiety. What I don't have is support or tools with how to help my poor brain . My main struggle is taking to much on , by that I mean other peoples feelings . I over empathise and try and fix everything for everyone and get in a right pickle. Female friendship groups are a nightmare . 

I don't think my husband will truly believe I am autistic until I get formal diagnosis . He supports the best he can but I can't help wondering how much more involved he would be with researching autism and how to cope if it was our son.  

I just feel lonely no one to coally process with . I have loads of adhd friends but no autism . Mine is so different the confusion with what people say and what I feel they want to say . Does that make sense . 

• Autistic males get that 'feeling lonely' feeling as well. Miscommunication issues are taxing and alienating. I don't have any autistic friends in RL either, only ADHD, lesbian, or allistic. 2 of 3 of my closest friends don't really get it, and struggle to accept fact that differently organised brains are normal. 3rd grew up in Leicester with plenty autistic around so he is more understanding. There is so few places that are not entirely ableist.

• Not sure if they do this in all areas. They do in the midlands. It's mind's adult autism services, if that helps search. I'll if I can find you a link

• Hi thanks . I can't seem to find anything online for mindcass is that how it is spelt?

• Hello.

The lost and (crushingly) lonely feelings are grim.  This place is good for combating that.  I hope you choose to stick around.

• I'm sorry you are feeling so alone with this and it's a pity your husband isn't more engaged.  The understanding would probably help him.

See if MINDCASS or another organisation run any peer support groups in your area or they sometimes do courses for people who are waiting for or just had a diagnosis.  That might be the best way to meet some other autistic people who can relate face to face.  Otherwise, we're here :-)

• Welcome to the forum SJ.

I just feel lonely no one to coally process with . I have loads of adhd friends but no autism

I have found this forum of invaluable assistance both with advice, shared experiences and just generally talking to like-minded people.

I wish you all the best.