Hello

Hello, 

I'm Em. I'm on the spectrum but I'm really struggling with life. I'm anxious all the time and it's causing a lot of unwanted things like nausea, digestive issues, trembling and pain I also have fibromyalgia which intensifies this. I've found recently that I'm sensitive to light and this is becoming difficult to deal with but regarding my eyes my vision is blurry and get lines all the time but I went to the opticians which resulted in a bad meltdown but there's nothing wrong with my eyes. Did anyone else have eye issues? I don't know what it is.

I've no appetite either and I've taken to eating very little and sometimes I throw food away. I just don't feel hungry and where I feel sick a lot that doesn't help.

I like to write, creative writing is my life. I write every day and love creating new characters and fascinating worlds.

I enjoy reading but I do struggle a little with that, I miss things all the time and have to re read the same page over again.

But I guess that's just life with autism.

• If the lines look like threads with occasional knots in them they could be 'floaters'. They are usually caused by some of the proteins in the vitreous humour (clear jelly in the middle of the eye) coming out of solution and throwing shadows on the retina. They are just a nuisance, I have them, they are more common in people with short sight.

• It would be a shame if you start staying inside while sunny. You do need to protect your eyes from sun damage though. If you can't tolerate sunglasses you could wear a peaked baseball style cap. Maybe you would be better with some photochromic reactive sunglasses, that automatically adapt to the light.

There is a helpful article on here about sensory differences, which includes some examples of being under or over sensitive to light.

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/sensory-differences/sensory-differences/all-audiences

Some of the symptoms you are describing sound quite similar to the examples listed under under sensitive:

• objects appear quite dark, or lose some of their features

• central vision is blurred but peripheral vision quite sharp

• a central object is magnified but things on the periphery are blurred

• I think in my vision. I looked in the mirror and can't see anything on the white bit it all looks ok except for a black line but I've had that a few weeks now.

• Oh thank you for explaining that. Yes I suppose it could be that, I do spend a lot of time in the garden in the sun and your right you can't put lotion on your eyes. I do have sunglasses but I struggle to see with them on, the lenses make everything too dark.

I guess I need to start staying inside when it's sunny.

• Are the 'lines' in your vision or blood vessels on the surface of the whites of your eyes?

• from time to time i get a irritated eye that feels like somethings in it, in the corner, then i look in mirror and see a big thick vein in it and a bit of swelling, usually happens in summer with the sun out, its most likely just sun damage to the eyes, or maybe some sort of hayfever perhaps if thats how that works. anyways peoples eyes are actually more sensitive to the sun that peoples skin is, and add to the fact you cannot put suncreme lotion on your eyes to protect them. this is usually why sunglasses and brimmed caps were made.