Hello

Hello there I'm R. 

I'm autistic, friendless and a loner. I'm feeling depressed and I can't get a job. I've tried volunteer work to but no one will have me.

Feeling like giving up. My life sucks and so do I.

Wanted to come here and he with people who understands as everyone in my life doesn't.

• Do bots not get a day off at Christmas Weary

• Hi R, 

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low at the moment, that's a real shame. 

Getting work can be really hard, I understand that. What kind of volunteer positions have you looked at? I know that many charity shops need extra staff in general. General duties would involve intake of donations, sorting, displaying, pricing up, etc. Is that something you could look at? 

I hope you feel very welcome and at home here on the forum, it's filled with lots of lovely and supportive people :) 

• You’re not alone - most of the people on here (I imagine) have felt isolated and alone sometimes and struggled to make friends. I’m sorry you feel like giving up - I’ve sometimes felt like that too. It usually passes though - I hope it does for you too - and soon. It can be hard to find work when you’re autistic - but hopefully you’ll find something eventually. In the meantime are there things you can occupy yourself with that you’re interested in?

• Regarding being friendless and not knowing anyone who understands, you probably haven't met the right people yet. But there are people out there that understand and I hope you will find them soon- Can you possibly meet some people through your special interest? 

I had no friends at school but for me this changed when I started university in Cambridge (great place for fitting in). I met some likeminded people there and I have realised that at school there probably just wasn't anyone I could have been friends with. 

I was lucky that I ended up in an environment where there were some people like me. However maybe you can meet some people through a special interest? 

• You don't suck. You have a purpose in this world. It just isn't conventional.

"I'm not bad! I was just drawn this way!" (Jessica Rabbit)

• Hello. I'm autistic and have bipolar, so I can relate to how you are feeling. Welcome to the Forum,

Don't give up. This too will pass as the mantra goes.

Do you have a special interest that can soothe you through your thoughts of giving up. You are worthy and you do not suck.

I know how low things can get when you can't work. Have you been in contact with the NAS as I think they still have an employment advice line. 

Work is a tricky one: for me it is about feeling valued and being paid. But it doesn't bring me as much happiness as the things I love: number 1 is Listening to music. Do you have something that you find gives you happiness?

Stay safe and reach out if you feel you are unsafe.

xx