Hello.

Hi.

I am 35 years old.

I work with the Wildlife Trust BCN and help out both as a volunteer and as paid staff whilst doing events like pond dipping, forest school etc.

I have several animals, including snakes, cat, snails, leopard gecko, a few tarantulas and getting a dwarf hamster soon.

I enjoy wildlife (kind of speaks for itself as of where I work lol), reading, music, baking and swimming. I also like playing computer games and watching TV (usually nature based programmes).

I have a few health issues, including reduced liver function. 

I have an appointment (in December) to begin talking about the possibility of me being on the autistic spectrum, as over the years a few things have put up a 'red flag' in my head and it's taken me over 5 years to get the courage to speak to my doctor about it. In a weird sort of way, I hope the result is a yes, as it would answer a lot of my thoughts/feelings over the years.

This is it from me, for now, but will update my profile as/if and when I get an official diagnosis.

Thanks for reading this.

Mweekie xx

• Hi everyone.

Thank you for replying. I am getting nervous about seeing my doctor on the 15th December and that's well over a month away.

I am glad I found this site though and I'm looking through a lot of the posts about adult diagnosis.

It's been weird this week as I've had a couple of people asking me (almost outright) if I am on the spectrum and I've had to say "I don't know." It's not been nasty, just strange - what do they know that I don't?

Mweekie xx

• shredding skin is a vulnerable time for any reptile so then tend to hide when doing it. they look so shiny and new afterwards Slight smile

• Hi

one of my two friends, own 2 bearded dragons, 2 tarantulas, 1 royal boa constrictor, 1 staffy bulldog, some fish in aquarium I can't name, and plans to have more now that he can have a room just for them :D

you can watch them do what they do for hours, and the weekly feeding of boa, terrifying Smiley I wish I could observe shedding the skin for tarantulas and boa, but they do it in secret, you only find skin after

• Welcome to this forum Slight smile

I used to have a range of animals myself.  I always wanted a Gecko !!

• Welcome!

Realising I was autistic (at ~50 years old) was transformational for me... self-forgiveness & understanding of my turbulent past, and the knowledge to re-structure my life so I can be happy going forward (I'm not there yet dammit, but at least I know what I want now!).

• Hi Mweekie - A warm welcome to our community! I'm sure you will find some great discussions on here and plenty of support as you go through your diagnosis journey Slight smile

All the best,

SarahMod