New here, wanted to say hi and introduce myself and that sorta stuff

Hi I’m alex, 18 years old and I go by they/he. I’m in a bit of a tricky spot in general, I don’t really have any friends nor am I really capable of making them. I’m in 6th form rn and taking a third year, most days I go not saying anything to anyone and it’s a real struggle. I’m very worried about not achieving the grades I want and being in a situation where I have no one to talk to, along with having no future prospects or skills in the real world. It’s a very lonely life ngl, but that’s why I’m here I guess!

I play the cello (well I used to) did it for quite a while, play piano bass and guitar too! I play a lot of smash bros melee, and I really enjoy talking to people! I don’t really know how this place functions or anything so let me know if I’m doing anything wrong. Also that’s me over there ye [photograph removed by Moderator]

• Hi Alex! Welcome to the community! I'm sure you will find some great conversationalists here to share your thoughts/questionsSunglasses

Just a quick heads up to protect yourself online, try avoid sharing your full name or other personal details Slight smile

All the best,

SarahMod  (she/her)

• Hi

They are right.

Atm you are not making friends because everyone is affraid of becoming a target to bullies for talking to autistic.

But from uni up there are no more bullies, so it will get easier, 

Keep playing chello, classical music is good for fighting stress

• Hi Alex, I'm new here too. 

I was very much like you while at college. I'm now 38 and still struggling with friendships and generally people understanding me. I've been lucky though in finding someone who makes me feel supported every day in my husband. 

I can't offer any advice about college etc, although I have a son a little younger than you who is having similar problems at school. 

With making friendships and people to relate to, I can say that in my experience, things improved after college. You'll meet different people and I feel sure that you'll gravitate towards someone who is like you. 

Not very helpful, but I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes, even that helps I think. 

It's nice to meet you Slight smile

• My brother was similar, at that age, but rebuilt his life through an Employability Programme in the local Tech. He graduated last year, aged 31, with a 2:1 in Software Development at Magee University. (Derry) He was a few marks shy of a First; to be honest, I expected him to get a First. But he did far better than I did at Uni.

I'm sure you'll meet like-minded people here.

By the way, my Brother played Smash Brothers whenever he was your age.