Ok so they tell me I am likely to have ASC what next?

So I survived for 50 years and then after a few communication issues and some reflection   I ask for a neurodiversity assessment.  Initially, they give me a dyslexia screening which indicates maybe ASC. The ASC screening indicates yes. I am advised to self refer to my GP for an assessment. Have done can take 12 months to 18 months.  I have become particularly aware that my emotions react strongly when conflict occurs generally but particularly when it occurs with family or close friends and also with management. I guess I am posting here as yesterday I found a particularly situation difficult which could continue. What am I looking for? Not quite sure maybe just to write it down. Ion 

• Thank you Tassimo and for the reminder of the quote. Ion

• Hello Ion. Welcome to the forum.

What next?  I know a lot of people like to ask this as a rhetorical device, but sometimes they are actually asking for advice about what their next action should be. I think the wisest response to this question came from a Zen monk, hundreds of years ago. His response was, 'You chop wood and carry water.' In other words, concentrate on the simple daily tasks in front of you as best as you can, and live in the present moment.  Leave imagined future events where they are, in the imagined future. Chop wood and carry water. 

• Hi  aidie, probably for survival at some point at least in my case. Ion

• good question, yes,  why does our mind do something that causes us such issues ? 

• Hi aidie, thanks for the response. I wouldn't say  over the top/ aggressive / combative  I would say challenging. That said couple of years ago a senior manager tried to silence me and I told him to leave the room as I bangeg my open palm on the table.  I am seeing  it better but it still it is still there.  It could be helpful in that  you say ...' your mind has trained u that way' . You have me wondering why would me mind do such a thing?  Glad you have found techniques . I

• you are looking for 

in a given situation is your response reasonable or over-the-top/aggressive/combatative

that was my main issue fighting with managers and officals everywhere.

the more u fight and struggle the worse u become. 

u end up pretty much causing fights because your mind has trained u that way

i am lucky i learnt to use self-hypnosis to tackle my anxiety and then meditation to fix my own mind

i also have several general techniques to reduce the number of fights