Ok so they tell me I am likely to have ASC what next?

So I survived for 50 years and then after a few communication issues and some reflection   I ask for a neurodiversity assessment.  Initially, they give me a dyslexia screening which indicates maybe ASC. The ASC screening indicates yes. I am advised to self refer to my GP for an assessment. Have done can take 12 months to 18 months.  I have become particularly aware that my emotions react strongly when conflict occurs generally but particularly when it occurs with family or close friends and also with management. I guess I am posting here as yesterday I found a particularly situation difficult which could continue. What am I looking for? Not quite sure maybe just to write it down. Ion 

Parents
  • you are looking for 

in a given situation is your response reasonable or over-the-top/aggressive/combatative

that was my main issue fighting with managers and officals everywhere.

the more u fight and struggle the worse u become. 

u end up pretty much causing fights because your mind has trained u that way

i am lucky i learnt to use self-hypnosis to tackle my anxiety and then meditation to fix my own mind

i also have several general techniques to reduce the number of fights

• Hi aidie, thanks for the response. I wouldn't say  over the top/ aggressive / combative  I would say challenging. That said couple of years ago a senior manager tried to silence me and I told him to leave the room as I bangeg my open palm on the table.  I am seeing  it better but it still it is still there.  It could be helpful in that  you say ...' your mind has trained u that way' . You have me wondering why would me mind do such a thing?  Glad you have found techniques . I

• good question, yes,  why does our mind do something that causes us such issues ? 

• Hi  aidie, probably for survival at some point at least in my case. Ion

Reply Children
No Data