Ok so they tell me I am likely to have ASC what next?

So I survived for 50 years and then after a few communication issues and some reflection   I ask for a neurodiversity assessment.  Initially, they give me a dyslexia screening which indicates maybe ASC. The ASC screening indicates yes. I am advised to self refer to my GP for an assessment. Have done can take 12 months to 18 months.  I have become particularly aware that my emotions react strongly when conflict occurs generally but particularly when it occurs with family or close friends and also with management. I guess I am posting here as yesterday I found a particularly situation difficult which could continue. What am I looking for? Not quite sure maybe just to write it down. Ion 

Parents
  • Hello Ion. Welcome to the forum.

What next?  I know a lot of people like to ask this as a rhetorical device, but sometimes they are actually asking for advice about what their next action should be. I think the wisest response to this question came from a Zen monk, hundreds of years ago. His response was, 'You chop wood and carry water.' In other words, concentrate on the simple daily tasks in front of you as best as you can, and live in the present moment.  Leave imagined future events where they are, in the imagined future. Chop wood and carry water. 

• Hello Ion. Welcome to the forum.

What next?  I know a lot of people like to ask this as a rhetorical device, but sometimes they are actually asking for advice about what their next action should be. I think the wisest response to this question came from a Zen monk, hundreds of years ago. His response was, 'You chop wood and carry water.' In other words, concentrate on the simple daily tasks in front of you as best as you can, and live in the present moment.  Leave imagined future events where they are, in the imagined future. Chop wood and carry water. 

Children