Adult female waiting for Autism assessment

Hi everyone, 

I am waiting for an assessment. The waiting list is about 6-8 months. This is a long time to be in 'limbo'. I am finding that my mind is very preoccupied with thoughts such as: "Am I/am I not autistic? What if I am? What if I'm not"? These thoughts can get very entangled and become all-consuming. Does anyone have any advice about how they coped with perhaps similar thoughts while they were waiting to be assessed? Thank you for reading. 

Parents
  • Hi !

I am on the waiting list aswell and would love to speak to someone who is going through the same. Raising hand I think the list you made is a great idea

• Is there anything in particular that you thought you might want to talk about? 

• Well honestly same as you... it is hard to deal with the doubts of "Am I ? Am I not ?". I feel really vulnerable in this and have told my really close family. I feel generally misunderstood for doing this except for my partner who really is supporting me a lot. The wait is long and I am so scared if it ends up being a negative diagnosis cause I do struggle a lot daily and I can't keep going anymore without any kind of help or understanding particularly in the professional world... so I am just happy to speak to someone regularly, someone who is going through the same. I would just feel less alone. 

• I think I have sent you a friendship request. Did you get it? 

Reply Children
No Data