Hi from Newcastle upon Tyne

Hi,

I've only recently been diagnosed with ASD but I've suspected I've been on the spectrum for a while. My life has been turbulent for a long time and I've been isolated for so long but I want to try and reach out and hopefully meet people who are in the same struggle and share my passions and beliefs.

I'm vegan, I love animals and music but I find it hard to make friends who share the same interests and passion for understanding life.

I miss social interaction but over the years I've found it more and more difficult to function in society.

Is there anybody out there who cares any more?

I suppose I'm looking for hope that I'm not alone in this crazy system that we're expected to live in.

Parents
  • HI

Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new and have found it a friendly place. Diagnosed ASC last year - still working it all out. 

I'm not vegan (sorry), but enjoy vegan food! If you've a recipe I can try - ping one on and I'll give it a go. Own a cat who reminds me when I've been working too long.

And you're not alone. I've just realised how chaotic is "normal" for the rest of the world. Grinning

• Chaos is the best word to describe life Joy The past year has been an eye opener - either I'm doing a great job of alienating others or that's really how the human race treats each other. It's crazy!

I'm not a great cook, more of someone who eats as a formality and finds ways to cut down on wasting food. If you want to try something a little bit different find a good beef alternative like Unbelievable Alt. Beefless Strips (Tesco supermarkets sell them), fry them up and put half in a Chinese curry with onion, red pepper and carrot, then have the rest the next day cold in sourdough bread with a bit of rock salt aInnocentnd vegetable gravy. Heaven! InnocentNot very ambitious but if you're looking for comfort food or a new idea give it a go!

Can you post photos on here? I'd love to see your cat!

Thanks for replying, it's nice to hear from you. You seem very understanding which is refreshing Relaxed

• I tried to get a pic in but I keep being told an "error occurred" (tried resizing, and different formats but the forums having none of it).

He's a white tabby called Ernie from the local RSPCA. He was the quietest kitty in the pen - didn't want come out to say hello. Coaxed him out eventually and we had a few minutes. He stole my heart in those few minutes. I went back a week later to pick him up and he was completely different. Trotted out of his hidey-hole to meet me - no coaxing required.

Took him home there and then. He's been with me about 4 years. Absolutely love him to bits - even when he neutralised all the tech in the house by munching through the wires. For some inexplicable reason he's completely ignored the works PC.

I was very passionate about cooking - while I wasn't working the peak of my day was a 1-2 hour walk then relaxing in the kitchen taking time to prepare food. So therapeutic and grounding. Sadly it's pretty much functional these days with work on. 

Still try and do something new at the weekend though. 

• I tried to get a pic in but I keep being told an "error occurred" (tried resizing, and different formats but the forums having none of it).

He's a white tabby called Ernie from the local RSPCA. He was the quietest kitty in the pen - didn't want come out to say hello. Coaxed him out eventually and we had a few minutes. He stole my heart in those few minutes. I went back a week later to pick him up and he was completely different. Trotted out of his hidey-hole to meet me - no coaxing required.

Took him home there and then. He's been with me about 4 years. Absolutely love him to bits - even when he neutralised all the tech in the house by munching through the wires. For some inexplicable reason he's completely ignored the works PC.

I was very passionate about cooking - while I wasn't working the peak of my day was a 1-2 hour walk then relaxing in the kitchen taking time to prepare food. So therapeutic and grounding. Sadly it's pretty much functional these days with work on. 

Still try and do something new at the weekend though. 

Children
No Data