Hi from Newcastle upon Tyne

Hi,

I've only recently been diagnosed with ASD but I've suspected I've been on the spectrum for a while. My life has been turbulent for a long time and I've been isolated for so long but I want to try and reach out and hopefully meet people who are in the same struggle and share my passions and beliefs.

I'm vegan, I love animals and music but I find it hard to make friends who share the same interests and passion for understanding life.

I miss social interaction but over the years I've found it more and more difficult to function in society.

Is there anybody out there who cares any more?

I suppose I'm looking for hope that I'm not alone in this crazy system that we're expected to live in.

Parents
  • HI

Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new and have found it a friendly place. Diagnosed ASC last year - still working it all out. 

I'm not vegan (sorry), but enjoy vegan food! If you've a recipe I can try - ping one on and I'll give it a go. Own a cat who reminds me when I've been working too long.

And you're not alone. I've just realised how chaotic is "normal" for the rest of the world. Grinning

• HI

Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new and have found it a friendly place. Diagnosed ASC last year - still working it all out. 

I'm not vegan (sorry), but enjoy vegan food! If you've a recipe I can try - ping one on and I'll give it a go. Own a cat who reminds me when I've been working too long.

And you're not alone. I've just realised how chaotic is "normal" for the rest of the world. Grinning

Children
  • Chaos is the best word to describe life Joy The past year has been an eye opener - either I'm doing a great job of alienating others or that's really how the human race treats each other. It's crazy!

I'm not a great cook, more of someone who eats as a formality and finds ways to cut down on wasting food. If you want to try something a little bit different find a good beef alternative like Unbelievable Alt. Beefless Strips (Tesco supermarkets sell them), fry them up and put half in a Chinese curry with onion, red pepper and carrot, then have the rest the next day cold in sourdough bread with a bit of rock salt aInnocentnd vegetable gravy. Heaven! InnocentNot very ambitious but if you're looking for comfort food or a new idea give it a go!

Can you post photos on here? I'd love to see your cat!

Thanks for replying, it's nice to hear from you. You seem very understanding which is refreshing Relaxed