New here

Hi I'm new here. I am currently in the process of being diagnosed at 20. I have always had issues but everyone always passed it off as something else. I suffer from anxiety and depression but never really knew the reasons. I guess I'm here for a community and help as I don't do well in social situations. 

• one place i would recommend is public sector jobs eg civil service ,,, social security jobs they are just more flexible and have better neurodiversity policies

• I am currently living with my parents in a village. I have considered dog grooming but I don't like the thought of styling a dog. I'm more of a get scissors and cut hair off rather than styling it. And yeah I haven't got diagnosed yet (in the process) but I would be surprised if they said I didn't have it. 

• whats your living situation ?

r u out on your own 

OR 

at home with parents/siblings

are u in a town/city or more rural ?

you dont have to tell me  if u dont want to 

have u considered dog grooming ? 

me losing jobs was my reason to seek help and then i got a shock ..... autism !

• Yeah circumstances don't help at the moment. And I'm not sure. At the moment, something to bring some money but something I can cope with as I have had to quit previous jobs as it was severely affecting my health.

And oops. Yeah they are very sensitive. And no I tried to visit them and I kept having panic attacks just walking in the door.  At the moment I'm studying dog behaviour online. 

• sorry to hear u lost your dog i just lost my wee shitz tsu  ( about a month now ) he basically he made my laugh he was such a diva ,,,me,me ,me me  

i am looking for a new dog from the rescue dogs organisations but i might wait a while to get over  "Bacon" my Shitz tsu  he genuinely  would pull me out of a  low mood days because he could was so silly and demanding. I think I will always miss him.

what sort of work are u looking for ?

its a terrible time to be looking for work ie Xmas + brexit + covid  but the new year will be good i reckon Slight smile

my common lizards lost their tails and grew back dull replacements.   One incident was my fault when i lifted my lizard by the tail, then boom my mind froze and i was focusing on a "wriggling worm" ,,,,,,,,,,,, then i realised it was my lizards tail ! He had gone while I froze.

SO the tail mechanism for escape works really well :)

have u thought of going to study zoology( animals )  at uni ?

• And the years seems to always be hard. Health doesn't help. My dog also died the week before Xmas. I've also been trying to find a job to no avail. Trying to find one I can cope with is also hard. 

• I love lizards. They're just so interesting. And he's never lost his tail. Bearded dragons don't tend to do it like other lizards as they can't grow back. He loves coming out for cuddles as he's super affectionate. 

• i used to have 2 anolis lizards and 2 common european lizards.

please explain why your year was hard 

has mushu every lost his tail ( clicked it off ) when u are handling him ?

• His name is Mushu and is a bearded dragon. He's such a sweetie. And about myself. Ummmmmm. Well I love animals, gaming and gardening. 

As for Christmas it's been okay. Been a really hard year. 

• i used to keep lizards i think u may have at least one.

• Hi Katrina,

welcome to this forum

having a good Christmas ?

tell us something about yourself.