Photography Project

My name is William Howard and I am a 19 year old photography student with ASD.  For my final major project, I am intending to explore the condition of autism and how colour can hold therapeutic benefits to people who suffer from it, myself included. Not only do I want to show how colour can have a positive impact on the wellbeing of autistic people, I want to also shed light on what having the condition means and how it effects every day living. Through doing this, I hope to alter people's perceptions on autism and encourage a community to be built where autistic people are able to speak up and express themselves through working creatively. Some of my initial ideas include producing a series of self-portraits in a colourful landscape environment in combination with carrying out interviews with autistic patients where I will discuss with them their experience of living with the condition, how it affects their day to day living and what their preferred colours, textures and shapes are. If anyone would be interested in getting involved then please let me know. 

• I'll ask my nephew ( also ASD ) if he wants to get involved. He's a keen photographer. I can help him if need be.

• Hi William, I would first like to say welcome to the forum!

I would definitely like to be involved in this. I am a 24 year old with Aspergers Syndrome (I am very open about what part of the Spectrum I have) and helping anyone in our wonderful community is something I do all the time. Please leave me a direct message (DM) with what you need and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

-KB