Hello I'm new here

Hello everyone my name is Alex I am 28 years old and recently diagnosed with autism. I have struggled for a long time and find it very difficult to make friends and lasting relationships. I thought I would try and find a way to connect with like minded people. I love learning languages (Japanese), animals, computer games, skateboarding and music.

• search for street skateboard london 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1S1jAIAN4Q

has large gaps on nothing happening

• Wow she is amazing and thank you for sharing !!

• Oh my I didn't even know it was on! I've been working so much I wasn't even aware. Will it be on you tube ? Long boarding is awesome I brought an electric one for my commute to work

• It's nice to know it's not just me!

I'd love a rat, but pets do cost a lot. I've never actually seen a badger, but I'd really like to.

• This is me too! I'm a massive oversharer then feel really uncomfortable when something I said is mentioned later. It seems to really freak people out when I share too much, too honestly.

I also can't judge speeds/distance, hence stopping my driving lessons and being really bad at cycling (no balance either).

We had 5 rats who we loved but they were constantly getting ill and cost a fortune at the vet. We're vegan now so instead of pets we feed the birds/badgers/hedgehogs.

• I watched the qualifiers for the skate boarding - the standard is incredibly high and some of the competitors so young . The atmosphere was awesome. Something to look forward to.  Saw a guy couple days ago on a long board it was just so cool I can understand why you collect them they just look so good :)

• Haha, so does mine! He ends up having to pull me back to the pavement because I can't judge the speed JoyJoy It's so horrible having to replay conversations in your head. Strange but fascinating Joy

• Wow same here my boyfriend has to stop me walking into traffic all the time ! I'm the same, the worry about what you have said after is so intense then I can't talk to anyone for a few days. Strange how our brains work LaughingLaughing

• Thank you Slight smile I have OCD and anxiety - just waiting for my autism assessment to complete the set! They're so cute. I can be like that sometimes - the poor sense of danger tends to apply when I'm crossing roads, which isn't great Slight smile I'm good at being careful online, but I'll meet people face-to-face and start sharing all sorts of details. I then walk away from the conversation and start questioning why I shared so much!

It's good to chat to people who understand these things.

• That's absolutely fine! I understand I'm a huge worrier myself I have been diagnosed with so many different forms of anxiety before they discovered I had autism. Ferrets are super cheeky they make me laugh. I don't have any sense of danger in some odd respects bit of an oversharer haha

• It is. I'm too scared to do it in case I get found out! I've been told that ferrets are really cheeky too Slight smile Wow - 24 rats! I think rats are fascinating; they're so clever. I do have Spotify, but I'd worry about putting my username on here as it's my full name (don't like to share too many details in a public forum). Sorry - I'm just a worrier Slight smile

• That's so cool ! Skateboarding is great and it's going to be put in the Olympics soon ! I can't do tricks so I ride longboards I have started a very strange collection of them. Pintails are for sure my favourite ! It's awesome that you made your own, I would like to try that. Thank you for the welcome !

• That's really annoying when landlords are like that I'm very defiant and did it anyway !! I adore ferrets I think it's because they are close too rats in a way as I love rats I had 24 at one point !! My playlist is very random too ! I love country music do you have Spotify ? We could share playlists ?

• Thank you Slight smile All of those pets are great - I especially love dogs. I've had lots of pets growing up and my parents still have some of the pets I grew up with (two dogs and a rabbit). I wish I could have pets now, but my landlord doesn't allow them. We're waiting until we can buy a place, then we can get ourselves a couple of dogs (and maybe some ferrets) Slight smile I enjoy lots of styles of music (my playlists are incredibly random), but I love musical theatre and country/folk music.

• I was one of the first skateboards in the UK I made my own boards and import the trucks and wheels myself. I paid over 200 quid for the gull wing trucks back in the 70s posted from calfornia.  I only watch skatebaorders now  which by the way are so much better than I ever was.  I find it hard to make friends but if u where carrying a skateboard i would have no issues. I also love all animals even wasps spiders etc I wish I could learn Japanese just so I could understand the Zen way of living even more.   oh yea welcome by the way :)

welcome "Gift of God"

• Hello duckbread ( awesome name by the way) I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 tropical fish tanks, a tortoise and 3 degus !!! Do you have any animals ? What's your favourite type of music ? 

• Hi, Alex Slight smile Welcome to the group. I'm 25 and awaiting my assessment. This site has been really helpful for me so far, so hopefully you'll find it useful too.

I love animals and music too. Do you have any pets?