Hello

Hi, my name is River, I am 29  (30 on Xmas eve) i am transgender (she/her) I was diagnosed when I was 13 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and I live in Southwest Devon in Exeter, I enjoy playing video games, drawing, colouring, stimming, singing to music, sometimes playing guitar, but cant play it for long due to having a short attention span. I am mostly introverted but I am still open to meeting new people and making new friends, I recently signed up for this and decided to finally embrace and accept and learn to live with my autism instead of pretending I do not have it and have meltdowns more often than I would if I didn't stim for a while or anything like that, due to sensory overload. 

My favourite colour is purple and I spend a lot of time watching youtube , I am anxious while writing this as I do not really know if I am just rambling or whether im making any sense but still, I have problems oversharing so I am wary of that,  I am a nerdy person and often quote games and movies that iv'e seen to avoid awkward situations or feeling uncomfortable. 

I am always happy to make new friends and meet new people Slight smile

Thanks for reading

River ~

• Ok, will do! Hopefully I'll get down there in summer too!

• awesome lol yay a new friend ^_^ feel free to message me anytime lol im always online and yeah it would be cool 

• Yeah, I know a few but one more is always welcome! We can back each other up against the violent seagulls too, lol. You have the meanest seagulls ever there!

• that sounds awesome it would be cool to meet up :) i only know one autistic person in real life but thats it really 

• It was glorious. You had that usual "country sky", but a meteor shower, fully visible too, spraying light around it for ages. I stayed watching on Beer Head until sunrise.

I'm planning (hopefully!) to get down to Beer next summer. Yeah, it's only a short bus ride down there on the 899. I'll let you know when I'm down there. I always go to Sidmouth at least once, I always like to see Gythna's estate house. It's crazy to think that the church behind Toymaster has a house that has been there since before the Battle of Hastings. As for the story of what supposedly happened to Gythna, it's straight out of a Horrible Histories book. Profumo's estate was in Beer, and he supposedly had his infamous "parties" there. Lots of interesting stuff around there.

• yeah I understand that it must of been a magnificent sight, certainly sounds like it, maybe when  your down this way mauybe we could meet up for a country walk or something in sidmouth or walk around the park near the river  that runs through the town part, that big park, i dont know, i only know one other autistic person in person so a lot of the time feel isolated from the community and would like to meet more people and make more friends :) but yeah i love stargazing i always have even when i was young 

• Yeah, I still delve into a bit of Skyrim now and again. The Napoli was huge, I was there when they were salvaging it. They put the anchor to the ship in front of The Sea Shanty in Branscombe, it's huge. A lot of containers washed up, I've seen the pictures in The Dolphin in Beer. The skies there are magnificent on clear nights, I can barely see anything here at night, so when I do get down there, I spend a lot of time looking up. When they had the Peresids shower in 2009, it was stunning. You could see all the meteors. I sat out all night drinking beers on Beer Head, lol, watching it all. You just don't realise how much is up there sometimes! The yellow haze of the city lights is a real pisser sometimes! I totally agree the country is where it's at!

• I have skyrim on steam but not played it for a very long time,  no but i was around when the Napoli was there and containers washed up on branscombe beach , i felt sorry for the people whos stuff it belonged to etc, but yeah i used to explore all the time i miss stargazing  icant do that here too much light pollution i hate it but still, im more of a country  girl myself,  a star filled sky is where im at, surrounded by trees not buildings :) 

• Lol, yeah, Seaton is a little drab compared to Sidmouth. However, Seaton does have Frydays. Amazing chip shop, god tier stuff. The gulls however in Sidmouth are pretty aggressive, they are like a violent LA street gang compared to the ones down the coast! Yeah, I've walked up and down the Jurassic Coast's footpaths many, many times. A few years ago a big chunk fell into the sea between Beer and Seaton. Were you around there when the Tivoli sunk a few years ago? That was amazing. Such a massive ship.

I play GTA V too, I have Ark but I've not played it. It was on Games for Gold recently. I have a PS2 also, a Gamecube, a SNES, a NES, a 360, and a Sega Megadrive. As you can guess I'm a console guy. Do you play Elder Scrolls?

• thats awesome and yeah i used to live in seaton and sidmouth, sidmouth is sooo much nicer though :) i mostly play Ark survival evolved (xbox) WoW (pc ) destiny 1 (xbox) gta 5 online (xbox) minecraft (cross platform pc xbox ) and i got a PS2 as well 

• Hello and welcome! I'm pretty familiar with East Devon and West Dorset. Do you know Beer near Seaton and Sidmouth? Also which video games are you into?

• greeetings :to you too ^_^

• ah ok thanks for thr information :) appreciated , i so wonder if people live near me at all , not that its an issue if they dont im just wondering thats all :) but yeah i will check out that paper thing :) 

• You'll find a huge amount of commonality with these issues amongst the good folk on here.  Check out some of the related threads if you haven't already.  This one is interesting, I think, because of some of the comments people have contributed.  The paper is an interesting read, even if none of the issues mentioned in it affect you...

'People like me don't get support'

• yeah that makes sense to be honest, yeah the world out there is confusing and even for me its like yeah i dont understand people why they do things or say things or i have trouble remembering that people think differently and that i dont think like most people and most people dont think like me its difficult all the time

• I love the isolation of Dartmoor.  I did some wildcamping out there a few years ago - just me and a tent.  It got a bit hairy at night, with the rain and gales - and then, in the morning, a mist so thick I couldn't see where I was going.  Glad I took a compass.

Sometimes, the world 'out there' feels so confusing.  This is a sane place to come to after it!

• yeah dartmoor is pretty nice ive not been there in a very long time though lol and yeah it feels good to finally embrace it now, i hope to make friends here which im sure in time i will, its good to finally be in a group or community that understands me and stuff like that :) 

• Welcome, River.  It's nice to know you.  Slight smile

I'm glad you feel confident about embracing your autism at last.  It can come as a relief - though I can understand why you might have felt anxious about it.  It's a big decision, so well done.  You're among friends and understanding people here.

I used to live in that area - in a village between Totnes and Kingsbridge.  It's a nice place to be.  Dartmoor is my favourite place on earth!

See you around.

Tom