Hello

Hi, my name is River, I am 29  (30 on Xmas eve) i am transgender (she/her) I was diagnosed when I was 13 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and I live in Southwest Devon in Exeter, I enjoy playing video games, drawing, colouring, stimming, singing to music, sometimes playing guitar, but cant play it for long due to having a short attention span. I am mostly introverted but I am still open to meeting new people and making new friends, I recently signed up for this and decided to finally embrace and accept and learn to live with my autism instead of pretending I do not have it and have meltdowns more often than I would if I didn't stim for a while or anything like that, due to sensory overload. 

My favourite colour is purple and I spend a lot of time watching youtube , I am anxious while writing this as I do not really know if I am just rambling or whether im making any sense but still, I have problems oversharing so I am wary of that,  I am a nerdy person and often quote games and movies that iv'e seen to avoid awkward situations or feeling uncomfortable. 

I am always happy to make new friends and meet new people Slight smile

Thanks for reading

River ~

Parents
  • Welcome, River.  It's nice to know you.  Slight smile

I'm glad you feel confident about embracing your autism at last.  It can come as a relief - though I can understand why you might have felt anxious about it.  It's a big decision, so well done.  You're among friends and understanding people here.

I used to live in that area - in a village between Totnes and Kingsbridge.  It's a nice place to be.  Dartmoor is my favourite place on earth!

See you around.

Tom

• yeah dartmoor is pretty nice ive not been there in a very long time though lol and yeah it feels good to finally embrace it now, i hope to make friends here which im sure in time i will, its good to finally be in a group or community that understands me and stuff like that :) 

• I love the isolation of Dartmoor.  I did some wildcamping out there a few years ago - just me and a tent.  It got a bit hairy at night, with the rain and gales - and then, in the morning, a mist so thick I couldn't see where I was going.  Glad I took a compass.

Sometimes, the world 'out there' feels so confusing.  This is a sane place to come to after it!

• ah ok thanks for thr information :) appreciated , i so wonder if people live near me at all , not that its an issue if they dont im just wondering thats all :) but yeah i will check out that paper thing :) 

Reply Children
No Data