Employment adult aspergers

My son is 27 . He needs help to find work .he is very intelligent. He has degree in history and politics .He has applied for so many  jobs   thanks

Parents
  • Your son is not in an uncommon position with only 15% on the spectrum in full time employment. It sounds like that your some may have had some rejection which won’t help. I totally agree with Emma’s comment that speaking to a Disability Employment Advisor is a good step. Depending on how long ago your Son graduated from University, he may still be able to access the Career support service. There any also be local initiatives in your area.

Best wishes to your son in his Job Search.

• I’m trying to get another job but can’t every time I mention about autism they back off I’m 47 I’m thinking about giving up 

• I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can understand your frustration and I can totally empathise with you as my son is struggling to find employment too.  What can I say but, keep trying.  I'm sure someone out there will recognise that you have the skills and attributes to make a loyal, hardworking and committed employee.  Frankly, if I had a business I would too discriminate, but for autism as people with ASD have so much to offer.   Maybe next time you could try not mentioning your autism.  I'm sure there's no law that says you have to disclose your ASD.   It's just a thought.

• I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can understand your frustration and I can totally empathise with you as my son is struggling to find employment too.  What can I say but, keep trying.  I'm sure someone out there will recognise that you have the skills and attributes to make a loyal, hardworking and committed employee.  Frankly, if I had a business I would too discriminate, but for autism as people with ASD have so much to offer.   Maybe next time you could try not mentioning your autism.  I'm sure there's no law that says you have to disclose your ASD.   It's just a thought.

Children
No Data