Noise Cancelling Headphones

Hi there,

My son has Aspergers and learning difficulties.  He is extremely noise sensitive and struggles at school.  I am trying to research the best noise cancelling headphones/ear defenders.  I have bought him some ear defenders on Amazon which he has tried out today but they didnt help.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lettie

Parents
  • I realize this is a somewhat old post, but I'm leaving this reply for any parents with the same issue that might come across this post.

As a father of a 12-year old with autism, I know the struggle.

I've always thought ear defenders would be more of an annoyance than a help. Our doctor suggested she got a cheap pair to try them out so that's what we did. We didn't really use them much in the beginning as they annoyed her slightly. She didn't like wearing them. We were happy with the effect they had when she wore them though. She seemed so much more composed in situations she couldn't handle before and that's one of the biggest moments you can have as a parent.

So we recently opted for a better pair with comfort in mind. Today she uses the Vic Firth Kidphones. They're like $20 on Amazon. I definitely feel that's money well invested since it increases the life quality in socially demanding situations for my girl. It's almost as if she forgets they're there.

There's some solid information on the topic here: soundwiz.net/.../

• I realize this is a somewhat old post, but I'm leaving this reply for any parents with the same issue that might come across this post.

As a father of a 12-year old with autism, I know the struggle.

I've always thought ear defenders would be more of an annoyance than a help. Our doctor suggested she got a cheap pair to try them out so that's what we did. We didn't really use them much in the beginning as they annoyed her slightly. She didn't like wearing them. We were happy with the effect they had when she wore them though. She seemed so much more composed in situations she couldn't handle before and that's one of the biggest moments you can have as a parent.

So we recently opted for a better pair with comfort in mind. Today she uses the Vic Firth Kidphones. They're like $20 on Amazon. I definitely feel that's money well invested since it increases the life quality in socially demanding situations for my girl. It's almost as if she forgets they're there.

There's some solid information on the topic here: soundwiz.net/.../

Children
No Data