Noise Cancelling Headphones

Hi there,

My son has Aspergers and learning difficulties.  He is extremely noise sensitive and struggles at school.  I am trying to research the best noise cancelling headphones/ear defenders.  I have bought him some ear defenders on Amazon which he has tried out today but they didnt help.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lettie

Parents
  • When the noise really gets to me, I use industrial ear protectors, the kind you can get at a hardware store quite cheaply for blocking out the noise from power tools and such. Even though they lower the sound by 30dB, I can still carry on a conversation with them on, but I think that's because my hearing is really good.

If you want noise cancelling headphones, I recommend Sony or Bose. I use those on airplanes. I really hate sticking things in my ears so I prefer not to use earplugs or earbuds, but noise cancelling earbuds are even more effective than noise cancelling headphones because they block a lot of sound before you even turn them on.

• When the noise really gets to me, I use industrial ear protectors, the kind you can get at a hardware store quite cheaply for blocking out the noise from power tools and such. Even though they lower the sound by 30dB, I can still carry on a conversation with them on, but I think that's because my hearing is really good.

If you want noise cancelling headphones, I recommend Sony or Bose. I use those on airplanes. I really hate sticking things in my ears so I prefer not to use earplugs or earbuds, but noise cancelling earbuds are even more effective than noise cancelling headphones because they block a lot of sound before you even turn them on.

Children
No Data