Therapy

Hey everyone 

I started therapy last Friday as I wanted an honest opinion about if I should pursue an assessment for ASC. I have been very up and down about  if I should and really couldn’t figure out if I deserved a place in the que for an assessment. My son is neurodivergent and I share a ridiculous amount of traits with him as well as us both understanding each other completely. I felt guilty because I didn’t want to take a spot for assessment from someone else really and that made me feel awful. I had an initial 30 min conversation with my therapist who is neurodivergent herself as well as her entire family and I knew from that 30 mins that she was the right choice. I definitely got my money’s worth for my first session as I just could not shut up and pretty much talked for the whole hour. I have never felt that chatty before as I never have that much to say. I came out from the session so elated and was even laughing for some reason?? I did jump around a bit going from one thing to another and gave myself a hard time afterwards as I felt like I might not have made much sense. I just wanted to ask the community for my next session should I just go with no intentions and see how it goes or should I be a bit more structured and prepare what I want to talk about? The last time I had therapy was 15 years ago for my panic attacks (to no avail) but I never felt like I connected with my therapist before, there is no surprise in that as even though I’m very friendly it’s very rare I do. 

Thank you for listening 

Parents
  • Hi Take5. Sounds like a fabulous session. You ask about the next session and what your options are. I think that either would be just fine and ask what feels right for you? I am someone who likes structure so that is often how I approach my therapy sessions. Hope it continues to help and wishing you all the best on your Autism journey. xx

• Hi Take5. Sounds like a fabulous session. You ask about the next session and what your options are. I think that either would be just fine and ask what feels right for you? I am someone who likes structure so that is often how I approach my therapy sessions. Hope it continues to help and wishing you all the best on your Autism journey. xx

Children
No Data