Describing pain

Does anyone else struggle explaining how they feel with pain? I saw my GP this morning cause I've been having pains and when she asked what sort of pain it was I couldn't answer her because I don't know. Pain is pain to me. It just hurts, I couldn't elaborate on that anymore. And then she asked me what scale my pain was on from 1-10. I couldn't answer that either, it just hurt I didn't know how to explain it. 

I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes at me though can't be 100% sure of it but I'm pretty sure I saw that. She definitely gave me a look though like I was wasting her time. 

I left feeling really awkward and lonely because no one around me gets what this is actually like. 

It reminded me of when I was little and had tummy pain and my mum asked me what type of pain it was then too and again I didn't know I just said it hurt. 

I'm wondering if this is autism related?

Parents
  • Yup, I once broke a finger on a school try to France. So I ran it under cold water to bring down the swelling & went to inform the teachers.
    They told they that they doubted whether it was broken & told me to go & run it under cold water. I told them I had already done this but they insisted I do it again.
    I went back to them a 2nd time to show them. They again said that they didn't think it was broken & that I would be OK.
    I spent 10days in pain with a broken finger. When I got home my Mum took me to the hospital. After confirming that it had been broken & it was too late to straighten it, or they would have to break it again to straighten it. It was strapped to my other fingers & I was offered pain killers.
    My Mum then stormed up to the School & demanded to be told why I hadn't been believed or treated. They said it was because I didn't look in pain & I wasn't crying.

• Yup, I once broke a finger on a school try to France. So I ran it under cold water to bring down the swelling & went to inform the teachers.
    They told they that they doubted whether it was broken & told me to go & run it under cold water. I told them I had already done this but they insisted I do it again.
    I went back to them a 2nd time to show them. They again said that they didn't think it was broken & that I would be OK.
    I spent 10days in pain with a broken finger. When I got home my Mum took me to the hospital. After confirming that it had been broken & it was too late to straighten it, or they would have to break it again to straighten it. It was strapped to my other fingers & I was offered pain killers.
    My Mum then stormed up to the School & demanded to be told why I hadn't been believed or treated. They said it was because I didn't look in pain & I wasn't crying.

Children
No Data