Manchester Airport

I’ve just made our last payment to our holiday out to Orlando, and afraid to say that Virgin holidays have been far from supportive towards us, specifically towards my specific access needs, which has lead me to make this post.

Has anyone flown out of Manchester Airport before or know someone who works in the special assistance department in the airport? Even know someone who works in Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew/Check in? As it appears that I’m having to do it last resort, due to VA holidays special assistance department’s stigma towards autistic people, I’m depending on “ground level” staff to coordinate support, as call centre/head office won’t do it, through lack of acceptance training.

These are my conditions…

Alexandria has/experiences the following:
Black small square Autistic – Finds social situations very stressful including navigating crowds. Processing
information is difficult and may require extra time or explanation. Hyperesthesia; hyper
sensitivity across the senses – may require dim lighting and quiet spaces. Doesn’t
process phone calls well and is non verbal in social situations Support worker required.
Black small square ADHD – Difficulty with maintaining routine and focus; requires regular breaks.
Black small square Cerebral Palsy – Has limited mobility and motor functions, generally uses a power
chair and relies on adaptation mechanisms to maintain functionality.
Black small square Low muscle tone - relies on a support worker to manage tasks out of her control.
Very unstable on stairs and prone to falling. Spasms occur regularly in her hands,
legs and feet, and has poor co-ordination and spatial awareness. Lift or ramp access
and support worker is essential.
Black small square Learning disability – May take longer to process and respond to information,
additional explanation may be required. Relies on simple language and finds visual
cues useful over lengthy chunks of sentences. Support worker required.
Black small square Gender Dysphoria – Alexandria identifies as a stealth* trans woman, her pronouns are
she/her/hers.
*The term stealth means that her identity as a woman compares to that of a cis
woman without socially being open about being transgender.
• Diabetes – Alexandria is Type 2 diabetic which is managed with tablets. Can feel
faint, or present as behavioural issues.
• Complex PTSD - Alexandria has been subjected to, as well as witnessed an
accumulation of traumatically stressful experiences throughout her life, that has
contributed to a diagnosis of complex PTSD, which has included being subjected
through social exclusion, sexual and domestic abuse, bullying, discrimination,
harassment and abuse by the police, council departments, educational establishments
and governmental agencies. Support worker needed.

Alexandria values full compliance and acceptance training, patience, kindness and
understanding for safety and security purposes.

I copied this from my professional access rider.

if someone could reply or message me it would be great. Posting this has been very overloading

Parents Reply Children
No Data