Advice on eating healthier?

I was raised with the idea that any food is good food because I was so bad with food as a kid. Now I'm older, it's kinda hard to feel that way when I'm eating like a child at almost 20. Ashamed to admit it but I don't eat any vegetables and I don't eat fruit often because the taste and textures differ too much between seasons. I've gained a bit of weight recently and I'm not really independent enough to go out on my own and work it off but that's a whole other issue, my house is also too small to do it inside. I really don't know what to do. I'm ashamed and I feel disgusting to be totally honest. If anyone has any advice for me I'd be grateful :) 

Parents
  • What kind of textures do you like/dislike- is it the softness of veggies you struggle with (ie you prefer crunchy textures) or vice versa? Some simple additions can really help with activity, you don’t need a huge amount of equipment. I moved my dining table chair to the side and now sit on an exercise ball- the extra movement/stability muscles that are needed to stay still are really useful and you don’t even know you’re doing it! Similar with some resistance band exercises, or using two cans of food as weights- you don’t need fancy equipment. I do an online Pilates class every week, the teacher is flexible (as she is also running it in person) so if I don’t come sometimes it’s ok- this has really helped me find some exercises to do in my spare time as well, and I just do it on the floor of my bedroom at a bit of an odd angle (so a space no bigger than 1.5m x2m).
    If you can find a map of your local area, are there footpaths or green spaces near where you live? Would you be able to plan a short safe route, for example in my case there is a cafe 1min from my house (it doesn’t have to be a cafe, it could be a tree, bus stop, particular bench- anything) and does not require crossing any roads to get to, so I could plan to: leave my house and turn right. Follow the curve of the pavement. Keep the lighter coloured bricks of pavement on my left (could use a coloured glove if you struggle with left and right, eg keep the light coloured blocks on the side with the red glove). Walk to the cafe. Sit on chair at cafe for 1min (or get water or tea or similar- whatever takes your fancy). Walk home. Keep light blocks of pavement on right (eg with green glove). Follow curve of pavement. Turn left and enter house. Maybe you could plan it with a support worker or therapist, and text them when you leave and return? Like I say though, there are some good ways to exercise with little space!

• What kind of textures do you like/dislike- is it the softness of veggies you struggle with (ie you prefer crunchy textures) or vice versa? Some simple additions can really help with activity, you don’t need a huge amount of equipment. I moved my dining table chair to the side and now sit on an exercise ball- the extra movement/stability muscles that are needed to stay still are really useful and you don’t even know you’re doing it! Similar with some resistance band exercises, or using two cans of food as weights- you don’t need fancy equipment. I do an online Pilates class every week, the teacher is flexible (as she is also running it in person) so if I don’t come sometimes it’s ok- this has really helped me find some exercises to do in my spare time as well, and I just do it on the floor of my bedroom at a bit of an odd angle (so a space no bigger than 1.5m x2m).
    If you can find a map of your local area, are there footpaths or green spaces near where you live? Would you be able to plan a short safe route, for example in my case there is a cafe 1min from my house (it doesn’t have to be a cafe, it could be a tree, bus stop, particular bench- anything) and does not require crossing any roads to get to, so I could plan to: leave my house and turn right. Follow the curve of the pavement. Keep the lighter coloured bricks of pavement on my left (could use a coloured glove if you struggle with left and right, eg keep the light coloured blocks on the side with the red glove). Walk to the cafe. Sit on chair at cafe for 1min (or get water or tea or similar- whatever takes your fancy). Walk home. Keep light blocks of pavement on right (eg with green glove). Follow curve of pavement. Turn left and enter house. Maybe you could plan it with a support worker or therapist, and text them when you leave and return? Like I say though, there are some good ways to exercise with little space!

Children
No Data