Sleeping a lot and impact on daily life and routine

Hi everyone I am really struggling I sleep a lot because my autism and I burn out and have meltdowns. Since lockdown my whole routine went out the window and before Christmas I received my diagnosis.  Since having this I have really been thinking about things especially jobs and how need to rest will impact that and how employer would see that as I don't want to seen as lazy or not hard working. 

When I sleep it mess up my night time sleep as I go to bed later because of sleeping bit in the day. I am really concerned and wondering if anyone has some advice?   

Parents
  • My sleep is up the left; too. Traditionally, I'm more productive at nighttime. However, we live in a daytime world. Slight frown

• I can relate to that... I'm lucky that if I stay in my field of work (research), when I progress in my career I will be able to work very flexible hours. There was a student in one of the previous labs I was in, who used to arrive on average at 4pm and stay until 4-5 am at night- she was essentially nocturnal... 

I'm struggling a lot more at my current job as I feel there is an expectation to be there during normal times... so during past months if I was working evenings or weekends I would still feel compelled to also be there during the normal office hours... but I often also find it much more relaxing to work when less people are there... I tried to ask my boss whether I can be more flexible in my hours but he just didn't really get it... I'm desperate at this point though and I can't cope any longer so I am just going to go for it... as long as I get the work done hopefully noone complains... it's not like the outcome will be any different (i hope) whether it was done in the day or at night... 

• I can relate to that... I'm lucky that if I stay in my field of work (research), when I progress in my career I will be able to work very flexible hours. There was a student in one of the previous labs I was in, who used to arrive on average at 4pm and stay until 4-5 am at night- she was essentially nocturnal... 

I'm struggling a lot more at my current job as I feel there is an expectation to be there during normal times... so during past months if I was working evenings or weekends I would still feel compelled to also be there during the normal office hours... but I often also find it much more relaxing to work when less people are there... I tried to ask my boss whether I can be more flexible in my hours but he just didn't really get it... I'm desperate at this point though and I can't cope any longer so I am just going to go for it... as long as I get the work done hopefully noone complains... it's not like the outcome will be any different (i hope) whether it was done in the day or at night... 

Children
No Data