Sleeping a lot and impact on daily life and routine

Hi everyone I am really struggling I sleep a lot because my autism and I burn out and have meltdowns. Since lockdown my whole routine went out the window and before Christmas I received my diagnosis.  Since having this I have really been thinking about things especially jobs and how need to rest will impact that and how employer would see that as I don't want to seen as lazy or not hard working. 

When I sleep it mess up my night time sleep as I go to bed later because of sleeping bit in the day. I am really concerned and wondering if anyone has some advice?   

Parents Reply Children
  • I can relate to that... I'm lucky that if I stay in my field of work (research), when I progress in my career I will be able to work very flexible hours. There was a student in one of the previous labs I was in, who used to arrive on average at 4pm and stay until 4-5 am at night- she was essentially nocturnal... 

I'm struggling a lot more at my current job as I feel there is an expectation to be there during normal times... so during past months if I was working evenings or weekends I would still feel compelled to also be there during the normal office hours... but I often also find it much more relaxing to work when less people are there... I tried to ask my boss whether I can be more flexible in my hours but he just didn't really get it... I'm desperate at this point though and I can't cope any longer so I am just going to go for it... as long as I get the work done hopefully noone complains... it's not like the outcome will be any different (i hope) whether it was done in the day or at night...