This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

does cannabis and or thc interfere with ritalin effect?

hi all

i haven't found anything very conclusive or informative, but there's some mention of ritalin and cannabis attaching to the same cb1 receptors??? if so, can pot out compete ritalin, rendering ritalin ineffective?

I don't smoke pot a lot, but i do take thc or pot almost every single night... usually just enough to sleep - sometimes more, lol. never in the day. if i smoke too much at night, say, half or a whole joint, i feel it the next day. a pot hangover.

i'm also definitely interested in people who notice no effect and are happily indulging in both ritalin and pot.....

20 years ago, i tried ritalin, and could barely tolerate 5 or 10 mg. i'd get jittery, and noticed it could really focus me. now, since i take thc or pot, i'm up to 20mg... i don't notice many or any side effects --- it seems to help my focus. we've been upping my dose.............5 ...10......15 over three months... now i just started 20.  

thanks so much. stay healthy.

Parents
  • Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. From what I've read, there isn't a clear consensus on whether cannabis or THC can interfere with the effectiveness of Ritalin. Some studies suggest that cannabis use may reduce the efficacy of stimulants like Ritalin, while others have found no significant impact. However, it's important to note that combining the two substances can increase the risk of adverse side effects, such as anxiety and increased heart rate. I suggest excluding one component. And better take efficient cannabis, like [link removed by moderator]. I hope that helps you!

• Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. From what I've read, there isn't a clear consensus on whether cannabis or THC can interfere with the effectiveness of Ritalin. Some studies suggest that cannabis use may reduce the efficacy of stimulants like Ritalin, while others have found no significant impact. However, it's important to note that combining the two substances can increase the risk of adverse side effects, such as anxiety and increased heart rate. I suggest excluding one component. And better take efficient cannabis, like [link removed by moderator]. I hope that helps you!

Children
No Data