This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

does cannabis and or thc interfere with ritalin effect?

hi all

i haven't found anything very conclusive or informative, but there's some mention of ritalin and cannabis attaching to the same cb1 receptors??? if so, can pot out compete ritalin, rendering ritalin ineffective?

I don't smoke pot a lot, but i do take thc or pot almost every single night... usually just enough to sleep - sometimes more, lol. never in the day. if i smoke too much at night, say, half or a whole joint, i feel it the next day. a pot hangover.

i'm also definitely interested in people who notice no effect and are happily indulging in both ritalin and pot.....

20 years ago, i tried ritalin, and could barely tolerate 5 or 10 mg. i'd get jittery, and noticed it could really focus me. now, since i take thc or pot, i'm up to 20mg... i don't notice many or any side effects --- it seems to help my focus. we've been upping my dose.............5 ...10......15 over three months... now i just started 20.  

thanks so much. stay healthy.

Parents
  • i found a therapeutic dose of ritalin at 30mg... i'm okay while 'on' it, but when it wears off i can experience four or five hours of kind of drowsiness, frustration, kind of mind wandering... it's pretty hard to deal with. however, now that i kind of recognize it, and how long it might last, trying to deal. i take short acting ritalin. 

i don't think there's much talk on this site about ritalin - maybe there's more chatter about pot??? really not sure.

i think i've come to the conclusion that i really do need some sort of 'med' to make up for my add and asd. it does seem to help me get things done, be more focused, be less anxious (maybe cause i'm focused).  without it, i'm almost non-functional in daily life.

anyone else?

• i found a therapeutic dose of ritalin at 30mg... i'm okay while 'on' it, but when it wears off i can experience four or five hours of kind of drowsiness, frustration, kind of mind wandering... it's pretty hard to deal with. however, now that i kind of recognize it, and how long it might last, trying to deal. i take short acting ritalin. 

i don't think there's much talk on this site about ritalin - maybe there's more chatter about pot??? really not sure.

i think i've come to the conclusion that i really do need some sort of 'med' to make up for my add and asd. it does seem to help me get things done, be more focused, be less anxious (maybe cause i'm focused).  without it, i'm almost non-functional in daily life.

anyone else?

Children
No Data