Do in-ear devices such as the Flare Audio Calmer help?

Good morning all,

I can get easily distracted and or triggered by small noises (invariably made by my son, so I end up unfairly having a go at him!). I was wondering whether anybody had any success with using Flare Audio Calmer (other brands are available) in order to reduce issues like this? I would love to hear your opinion and get your recommendations, as I really want to stop being so angry towards my son for no reason. Thanks in advance. 

Parents
  • If you buy them directly from the Flare Audio website, you can get a refund if you don't like them, even if you've already worn them.

See this page:  Flare Audio Ltd | What is your refund policy? 30-day Guarantee : Support

Don't do what I did and buy them on Amazon to try to save on postage costs.  You have to buy them directly from Flare Audio's website to be able to get the refund.

They didn't make much of a difference for me, but apparently you have to wear them for a while so that your ears adjust to them, and then it gets better.  I haven't tried again yet.

Maybe their effectiveness depends on the shape of the ear - I don't know!

• If you buy them directly from the Flare Audio website, you can get a refund if you don't like them, even if you've already worn them.

See this page:  Flare Audio Ltd | What is your refund policy? 30-day Guarantee : Support

Don't do what I did and buy them on Amazon to try to save on postage costs.  You have to buy them directly from Flare Audio's website to be able to get the refund.

They didn't make much of a difference for me, but apparently you have to wear them for a while so that your ears adjust to them, and then it gets better.  I haven't tried again yet.

Maybe their effectiveness depends on the shape of the ear - I don't know!

Children
  • I know this is pretty old.  But to clarify.  You can NOT get a refund.  Ever.  Well you can.. but you have to ship them back, registered freight which for many people, by the time you have to buy the packaging, go to a freight company, organise the return shipping etc, its less time and money wasted to just throw them in the bin. And no, they most certainly did not work for me.