Do in-ear devices such as the Flare Audio Calmer help?

Good morning all,

I can get easily distracted and or triggered by small noises (invariably made by my son, so I end up unfairly having a go at him!). I was wondering whether anybody had any success with using Flare Audio Calmer (other brands are available) in order to reduce issues like this? I would love to hear your opinion and get your recommendations, as I really want to stop being so angry towards my son for no reason. Thanks in advance. 

• I use loop which are essentially reusable and discreet earplugs - they're great but don't separate frequencies like they say they do. 

https://www.loopearplugs.com/

• These have been confirmed to make no useful difference at all.

ALL they do, is reduce the perception of high frequencies.

I don't understand the point. Just use earplugs for near silence. Or use noise canceling headphones / earphones.

• I know this is pretty old.  But to clarify.  You can NOT get a refund.  Ever.  Well you can.. but you have to ship them back, registered freight which for many people, by the time you have to buy the packaging, go to a freight company, organise the return shipping etc, its less time and money wasted to just throw them in the bin. And no, they most certainly did not work for me.

• If you buy them directly from the Flare Audio website, you can get a refund if you don't like them, even if you've already worn them.

See this page:  Flare Audio Ltd | What is your refund policy? 30-day Guarantee : Support

Don't do what I did and buy them on Amazon to try to save on postage costs.  You have to buy them directly from Flare Audio's website to be able to get the refund.

They didn't make much of a difference for me, but apparently you have to wear them for a while so that your ears adjust to them, and then it gets better.  I haven't tried again yet.

Maybe their effectiveness depends on the shape of the ear - I don't know!

• I've bought some and using them for the first time today. I bought them because I play Fiddle for our local Morris Men side, but I get so easily distracted by people chatting, taking pictures ect. I hope these work. They seem to fit comfortably for me at the moment. I'm glad you seem OK with them. I'll report back.

• I went ahead and bought some anyway. For me, they do take the edge off the background noise, but are not as comfortable as I had hoped. I still get do irritated by certain individual high-pitched background voices, but I find that I am less triggered than I used to be. I can't recommend them unreservedly, as I think that they are only going to help certain people, but for me, it was probably worth getting them. Hope that helps.

• Sad you haven't had any answers to this, I also wana know if these work! The comments on the FB adverts seem to be all good. But they could be fake!