My life is a mess

I am a mess.

My room looks like a bomb has hit it, and I am having sleep issues; I don't sleep until late.

Not only do I have a shutdown, but I realise that I'm not a morning person.

• I’m not the tidiest person either, what helps me is tidying my room in small sections at a time so I don’t feel overwhelmed.  Please don’t be too hard on yourself my friend. 
    I’m not the best sleeper either, maybe set yourself a time to go to bed on your phone. 

• Life is messy. That's what makes it wonderful. Learn to embrace the messiness! 

• My house has looked the same for months Grinning. I've only just reclaimed the bathroom.

I flip between morning/not-morning person. I've been known to bound out of bed at 6 am, eat be dressed and be at the works PC for 7.

Then there's the other days- the ones where I struggle to get up and log on for 10 am. It's like I'm trying to defer the day for as long as possible before I have to face it. 

Part of my kitty's role, which he does very well, is to prompt me to do other things. His interruptions into what I'm doing (including doing nothing) do tend to remind me take stock of how I'm spending my time during the day.

He's just arrived for his tea - which co-incidently is reminding me to make mine.

• Yeah, it does come & go...it feels like I can never quite get a routine or handle on house chores. I just hate them, but I like a clean house. Showering, brushing teeth and house chores are common problems for us......I think they just take too much time & there's other stuff we'd rather be doing.

• I still 'Live at Home.'

My brother has found a place, to buy, for himself in Derry. But, once we part company, that may well be it, for the two of us.

• There's just way to much 'house" chores in daily life for my taste.....my husband like, let's just eat on paper plates......

• Thanks.

I tidied up today. The dishes are now up-to-date, and I did laundry yesterday evening and this evening.

It comes and goes.

• I've made myself a morning person....mostly so I can use the excuse to play video games/relax from afternoon-12am. I have rooms of prestine tidiness everyday & other rooms look like a bomb hit it. I really hate cleaning--just want the 5 yr journey of minimalism to be complete so I don't have to spend time cleaning/tidying much of ANYTHING. I tried to combat this time-change...this one has hit harder for me than normal. I woke up in 15min early incremements for almost a week leading up to the spring forward & it still has screwed up my sleep. I too am a mess,

• I'm not as untidy as you, Desmond, but like you I'm a very late riser and just hate early mornings. I once worked night shift and that suited me perfectly.  I'm seldom asleep before four in the morning, I find that I read, write and generally perform better in the middle of the night, I seriously can't function in the mornings. It's just another way I'm out of synch with the majority. And as for those damned 'early-birds' who seem to think sleeping-in is in some way immoral, well, to hell with 'em.

I know what works for me.

Ben

• No sleep can make everything feel uber-difficult. Do you spring forward where you live?

• I'm the other way around, my house is tidy ,except for all the half finished projects,I go to sleep easy but wake at 4am everyday,

on the outside things are good ,on the inside i feel like "the scream"