What Happens If I Start A Thread About That "Coronavirus" Thing...?

Greetings, All... S'Me. Yes There is already a Thread about this, but I did not want to possibly invite whatever may happen upon this Thread onto another (innocent!) User, so, I begin this separate Thread here (a bit like My "Climate Change" Thread).

In social media this is currently a hot/constant topic, and rightly so... yet I have certain views concerning it which I was wondering about. Please try to be nice and I apologise in advance if I offend/anger anyone...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1233679/coronavirus-update-symptoms-flu-2020-china-flu-deaths

...Apologies that this is from "The Daily Express", but it is about the closest to what I M'self was thinking about this 'Coro-Flu'-Thing currently going on. Social Media *loves* to highlight Death, Destruction, Suffering, Contagion, etc. etc... but I have seen VERY few articles mentioning "survival rate" rather than "death rate" about Coro-Flu... and fewer articles pointing out that it is a version of INFLUENZA. 

I suffer badly from FLU Myself, and so do all of the things now recommended ("Social distancing", hand washing, etc.) as a matter of course. But now it is recommended for all to do...

In Japan, wearing face-masks is a common practice, for example. 

Also, in this Thread, I am carefully wondering about the following approach... Coro-Flu is just ordinary Influenza but has an "Identifiable Tag" of sorts; and that if *all* Influenza-s were able to be tracked in this way, then all of the statistics would be similar. (Regardless of starting point.)

...Pretty much post whatever You may want, anyone... I am seeking opinion. Even ordinary Influenza is not nice at all, but it is *not necessarily fatal*, and that is what was difficult to find out about this Coro-Flu-Thing.

Parents
  • I’m freaking out. I’m not worried about self isolation at all. I’m really worried about my parents but the thing which makes me anxious is that I don’t know when I’ll see them (and if i’ll see them) I can’t visit them to travel restrictions (and I wouldn’t risk it anyway) and I’m freaking out because of all the uncertainty. All those questions without the answers: How long is it going to last? What about my holiday? When I see my parents? Will I be able to travel in summer? I was planning to look for another job? What now? Should I wait and for how long? I’m not diagnosed yet and I was supposed have my assessment this summer? Will it still go ahead? Or is it going to be postponed for who knows how long? I’m worried about my mental health. I have chest tightness and I know it must be stress because sometimes I can distract myself and I feel fine but then I feel anxious and it comes back and it makes me even more anxious. 

• I literally could have written the same thing. I;m also feeling freaked out about the uncertainty, mainly uncertainty of how others will react and what they will try and pressure me to do. i'm off work due to personal risk factors for covid 19 and scared of pressure to go back and have to work without any protective measures in a risky environment.  Even though i dont want it, it would be much easier if i knew i would get fired.

• I literally could have written the same thing. I;m also feeling freaked out about the uncertainty, mainly uncertainty of how others will react and what they will try and pressure me to do. i'm off work due to personal risk factors for covid 19 and scared of pressure to go back and have to work without any protective measures in a risky environment.  Even though i dont want it, it would be much easier if i knew i would get fired.

Children
No Data