Getting depressed

Hello,

This is the first time I’ve posted on here so I hope I’m doing it right. I just wondered if anyone can give me any advice on how I can help my daughter please. She is 20 years old and has AS. We’ve always home-educated and unfortunately we don’t know many friends. At the moment my daughter is very unhappy because my brother’s wife has just had a baby (her first cousin). She’s always been close to her uncle although less since he married 2 years ago. My daughter finds changes difficult and she can’t accept the change of the baby. One problem is she doesn’t like her aunt, and another problem is her aunt and uncle live opposite us. My daughter feels she can't get away from her aunt and baby as they live so close to us. She is seeing a counsellor who helps a bit but I’m worried that she’s getting depressed and I don't know how to help her.

Does anyone have any advice on helping someone with depression? We don’t want her to take any medicine or anti-depressants because she’s had bad side effects from medicine in the past. 

I’d be grateful for any advice that anyone can give.

Many thanks