Having no hope

Hello I am feeling quite anxious about going into the new year because I still got the feeling that nothing will ever change for the better for me and I am still worried about what the new year is going to bring. Also I really hate it when no one seems to care about me or understand me at all and this is really wrong and bad as I should not be treated unfairly or differently from everyone else as we all have the same emotions, needs and wants. I know that we are all different but still it is not nice for anyone to be treated horribly either and unfortunately I am still being treated horribly now and I desperately want things to change and for me to finally have a good life but I feel like I don't know what to do anymore as I sometimes feel like I don't want to be on this earth anymore as I feel like just giving up now trying to get people to help me and understand me. I just want people to say helpful and kind things to me and I want kind and caring people around me too. 

Parents
  • Hi, are you at College or Uni? I think that you have a lot of gifts and talents. Winter can be a lonely time especially if you have autism but don't be afraid.  I am also lonely at times at fifty two, having been diagnosed on the ASD spectrum.  These feelings will pass, focus on what you are good at like your art. I love poetry, music and politics.   Take care  and be gentle with yourself today. 

• Sorry but I have still got the feeling that these things will never pass and that life will never get better for me. I just want people to give me more help and to be more helpful to me. I am at college.

• Yes trying to find support is difficult, what are you struggling with, studies, emotions or both.  As an undergraduate I struggled with both, not knowing I was autistic.  I also befriended others on the edge within the Gay community because I could sense my difference.  Somehow I came through like you will, thee is always a glimmer of light, even in the darkest night.  

• At times I also feel alone and suicidal, vulnerable and lonely but that's due to trying to fit into a neuro typical world.  I do have a crisis plan and  am on medication.  I used to be a teaching assistant for eight and a half years in a Secondary school, until the stress became too much.  You are not alone. 

• Ok thank you for helping me and yes it is other people like students and professionals that belittle and make fun of me too. I still feel suicidal and I feel like just giving up on life now.

• Are these people professionals or other students who say these things? They are not aware that autism can affect communication and perception. However seeing things differently is a gift even if neuro typical don't get it.  I used to stand up for my rights which made me feel better when being belittled or bullied.  There are many autistic support groups out there.  

• I am struggling with both emotions and studies and I am sick of tired of people still not listening to what I am saying and when they said that I need to start understanding and agreeing with myself when I find that quite rude and unhelpful as I am being treated unfairly and differently there. I really need more hope and I will not change or become more better and these feelings will not pass unless everyone was to start listening to me and understanding me more and also agreeing with me more too on certain things and they was to start to treat me more better as this is unfair.

• I am struggling with both emotions and studies and I am sick of tired of people still not listening to what I am saying and when they said that I need to start understanding and agreeing with myself when I find that quite rude and unhelpful as I am being treated unfairly and differently there. I really need more hope and I will not change or become more better and these feelings will not pass unless everyone was to start listening to me and understanding me more and also agreeing with me more too on certain things and they was to start to treat me more better as this is unfair.

Children
  • At times I also feel alone and suicidal, vulnerable and lonely but that's due to trying to fit into a neuro typical world.  I do have a crisis plan and  am on medication.  I used to be a teaching assistant for eight and a half years in a Secondary school, until the stress became too much.  You are not alone. 

• Ok thank you for helping me and yes it is other people like students and professionals that belittle and make fun of me too. I still feel suicidal and I feel like just giving up on life now.

• Are these people professionals or other students who say these things? They are not aware that autism can affect communication and perception. However seeing things differently is a gift even if neuro typical don't get it.  I used to stand up for my rights which made me feel better when being belittled or bullied.  There are many autistic support groups out there.