I might not be upon this Forum in Hot Weather...

I joined this Forum at around August/September of 2017, curious about the Internet and "Chat Forums" in general.
(Now I certainly know a lot more about them. Thank You to all upon here.)
I joined just after Summer, when the Weather was cooling. And so my Old devices were able to work as well as myself about this business.
(We are all "Old"/"Outdated".)
Now the Hot Weather is coming back, which *is* quite alright. Yet never so much for myself, and for my Devices, which are my only methods of continuing upon this Forum.
(Yes, We overheat quickly, and cannot cool off. No, We cannot simply all of the time "Use a Fan". Fans themselves get Hot, too.)
...In short - This Thread is a Warning, or is asking if anyone else has such troubles - during Hot Weather: Once it is over 80° Fahrenheit, then all I and my Devices can do is worry much, and then sit and do nothing... except wait for for a little past the Summer Solstice...

• Lmao, that's a pretty funny summary! Yep, there are people like that but I think it's even getting to some of the most hardcore sun-lovers!

I feel your pain DC! I don't deal with heat very well myself. I sort of lose the parameters of my body, I'm covered in bruises from banging off things. Sleep is impossible. It was really windy here today but even if you took the deepest breath it was like breathing in soup. My mom summed it up best "This is horrible son. It's like being inside a ******* tumble dryer".

*** this summer.

[Edited by Moderator}

• So hot now Ill soon have to leave my vest and wooly jumper off.

And it takes a !ot to separare me from my jumper!

• It is really the Hot Weather now! And so I write and try this...

I have wanted to post this little thing for a while, concerning hot weather, and so as it is currently so, here goes. (Guess which one is myself, and which is not...!) :

"The weather is lovely and warm, isn't it?"
    "My asthma is worse during hot weather due to the pollution."
    "But it is so lovely and hot, isn't it?"
    "The media reports that some people are dying due to it being so hot."
    "Yes, but it is beautiful hot weather, isn't it?"
    "There is no rain. Fields and crops are being scorched, and animals and people are dying. Heatwaves are being reported as far as East Asia, now."
    "Well, that's too bad for them, but this sunshine is so lovely isn't it?"
    "The media only acknowledges Pollution when it gets this hot. Usually they just find a way to blame 'Nature' as always for any problems. Such as so-called "Super Pollen", where Pollution combines with Pollen, and then Radiation bakes it into a toxic mixture. But I am not allergic to Pollen at all, only to Pollution."
    "Sorry to hear that. But this weather is so lovely anyway! EVERYONE is loving the Sunshine! Sunshine is so wonderful!"
    "My skin feels like it is on fire. And my Eczema turns into painful "Heat Rashes", and all I can do is be itching, in pain, or out of breath."
    "..Wait... Oh no... it is turning really cold. I don't like this! Where did the Lovely Sunshine go? Quick close all the windows! I must get my umbrella out! The Summer is over...!!"
    "...Excuse me, but That is just one little cloud passing over. The Sun shall come out again in a second. Yes, see that there...?"
    "...Oooooh yeah! Thank Goodness that horrible bit of rain went away - now it is lovely Sunshine and Hot Weather again! Isn't it beautiful?"
    "..."

...End of Post (Rant)!

• Just to add my friend my clothes are from charity shops and a jacke can be bought for as little as £1:40. Or £10, real tweed and not at all worn or scruffy ;), x()x 

• Food for thought, for myself there, Sir - Thank You for this. Now I (sort of) know...!     :-)

• Glad to see your still on here DC, and with record temperatures for the bank holiday just passed. So glad your outdated equipment is still chugging along.

I do notice the cars that sit in the heat with all the windows done up,,they have air conditioning I imagine, my old car is supposed to have it but it never has worked, I once was a passenger in a car with air con and it was ok until we arrived and got out,,the heat hit me so bad I nearly fell over, the sudden change from icy cold to very hot sun was not good.

I regulate my temperature by mindset, I reason I am hot and slow my metabolism down to suit, always have, I thought everyone did this? I would still be wearing a jumper when all were in t shirts.

I must admit I wore my tweed jacket and waist coat complete with flat cap Saturday but on Sunday I decided to leave it off, only the jacket though. I am not in any way posh, although when I dress in my suits I look posh. Never judge a book by its cover eh!

Anyway glad your still here, x()x

• Greetings, all who may read. I am reposting here because it is now MAY 2018, and there has been a taste of the kind of "Hot Weather" at which I hinted...

...REAL Hot Weather is not until Mid-June, all of July, and then the start of August, however (over85°F)...

Now that I am upon a Public Firum, there is one thing I have wanted to ask Public People about Hot Weather, however. And it is this...

During hot weather - especially in London (awful) - I think it can finally be seen exactly who is RICH and who is not...? The poor (currently including myself) must wear light clothing, or very little. Yet the very Rich people, perhaps with Air-Conditioners and a Low-Carb Diet... they are still in their 3-Piece Suits or are covered up, and they are never sweating at all. It is just another day to them...

I was basically wondering if I was alone in noticing this or not...? 

• I don't personally have issue with heat or cold really, but actually suffer more with humidity. I've been in 40C with 100% humidity and that was the most physically uncomfortable I've ever been, where as I've been in 44C but with zero humidity and and it wasn't uncomfortable at all so there are a range of factors at play.

I've found from experience that even high twenties at 100% humidity is far less comfortable than even ten degrees hotter but with low humidity. Then again that's my personal preference, I'm sure others will be different.

• Hi DC, I'm thinking what overheats so much it stops working?

Greetings, Thank You for Posting here (and to NAS24456 so far late.)...

Regarding that which I quote... I did not say that we (myself & machines) *stop* working, but that we have much trouble and give many errors...

I was also mostly referring to myself - I cannot tolerate that heat (Allergies, illnesses, etc.)---  yet this:

For those younger ones of us, 80F is 26C.

...I like this! I myself do require a certain temperature range and cannot cope - in the city (pollution) - outside of it for long... I must rest, unless I can cool off.  I freely admit to anyone that I have chronic illnesses and am weak and slow and all of that... and this Thread was begun in anticipation of all of that...

Fair Play to Yourself, of course...!

• Didn't we just have snow about a week ago?

Yes...And...?

• Didn't we just have snow about a week ago?

• Hi DC, I'm thinking what overheats so much it stops working? Virtually all (even old) devices should be fine in the UK (or even at the Equator) unless they are left in direct sunlight. I have a gaming PC, the GPUs will go up to 80C under full load, but even in 35C indoor head they won't push over 80C at full load. My laptop was fine working outside in Vegas in the shade a 41C a few years ago (different laptop to now). The same with fans, they are self cooling, I've left fans on for weeks at work and never had one overheat.

I did work somewhere where the servers used to overheat on especially warm days, but they were shut in an airtight cupboard and the boss wouldn't allow the door to be opened because "the noise is annoying" so they would shut down sometimes, but the temperature in the cupboard sometimes reached over 60C in the summer, and once peaked at 78C. On he plus side when they went down it took them 2-3 hours to cool down and another thirty minutes to boot properly and initialise themselves properly, so when they crashed at lunch we'd generally just go home and a colleague did once put a fan heater in there on a Friday, just to make sure!

Most devices unless the fans/inlets are blocked won't overheat to the point of throttling as they are built with a thermal design limit in mind.

For those younger ones of us, 80F is 26C.

• I am beginning to ramble. A sure sign of tiredness. Sorry about that. Thank You for posting, certainly, again...

...!

• Particularly terrifying travelling on the 'tube' train!!!

Beware - it is getting late, I may have to sign off, soon. Yet I highlight this part as it actually fits in with the HOT topic of this Thread. In the cold, the Tube is useful, because it is hot. Yet in hot weather, the Tube is unbearable... this is not just my own point-of-view, either. People do faint, and messages are posted "Always carry Water during hot weather!"... all such does not help myself at all. It is over 80°F, and I can do nothing but hate it, while others sunbathe... and that is going off-Topic, partly...

SOLID STATE is back upon Topic. A Tablet or Mobile Phone is solid state... yet they all get hot in hot weather. They simply give "errors", errors which are not taught in classes about how to use machines...

Fair Play to You, Madame.

• It is expensive travelling all of that distance, hence I have only ever been to London once about 30 years ago - it's taken me since then to recover from the sensory overload of the place! Particularly terrifying travelling on the 'tube' train!!! I've never, before or since, been squeezed against so many people all at once, thankfully. Horrific! 

It was lovely to see all of the famous landmarks though.  

• Spend the summer on a Scottish island?

Yes Indeed. If only.

• I could do with a 'cooling off' mat myself but doubt it would be effective either   :)   Spend the summer on a Scottish island? I can probably say with some high degree of accuracy that it NEVER gets that hot up here! Windburn is more likely than Sunburn. 

• SOLID STATE.

This is the technical term I was trying to recall, yet did not - could not? - do so for your Post. Solid State has no moving parts such as fans or anything...

• Thanks for a first Reply, there, Miss Endymion! Do not worry, this happens every year to myself, and as I said, it is fine. ( - and MUCH HOTTER IN LONDON...!)  I was also referring to myself in that starting Post... in hot weather which is yet to come.

Technical Persons might also suggest a "Cooling Mat" for a Machine, but I cannot sit upon it myself...(!)

• My partner had to get an old laptop working again (because this new one doesn't have a disc / CD slot-thing). The old one wouldn't stay on long enough to do anything on, because it overheated (REALLY hot) very quickly. He dismantled the entire thing ...

remember, I don't know much about these things (computers) so please excuse my use of the wrong terms ...

he had to lift off the keyboard frame, the keyboard, and the top (including touch-pad) of the laptop around the keyboard to get to the 'motherboard'. They're all attached by three umbilical cord-like tape-things and these are very delicate to remove and re-attach!!! 

Under the 'motherboard' was the fan and he found it was completely and totally blocked with compacted dust. He used a compressor to suck / blow the dust out of the fan and the 'teeth bits' around it. A vacuum cleaner with a 'doctored' attachment on the end of the hose might work just as well. He ended up with four screws left over when everything was put back together but the laptop works perfectly well now so it's worth a try (?). 

Alternatively, wouldn't a computer repair shop be able to do this more easily (without leftover screws, hopefully)? Although I have no idea if it would be expensive. Sorry, that's the best I can suggest but EVERYONE knows more than me about these things so I'm sure there will be many more technical solutions arriving here soon.