motivation

so i struggle with self doubts and stress and etc. and i was wondering what any of you do to get over it because i'm looking for motivation so i can try to make friends or get a date.....but i'm just looking for inspiration.

Parents
  • This is a left-field suggestion and I could be biased but could you be bipolar as well as or instead of being autistic?

i can really struggle with motivation for years at a time but have short periods of weeks when motivation is not a problem - if anything I become too motivated.

i finally convinced a doctor to refer me for an assessment three weeks ago.

i am currently in what they call a manic phase and have no self-doubts or stress (or if I do have them I can quickly regain my balance)

as far as stress is concerned I can recommend tai chi but any exercise will really help - it's just a case of finding something you enjoy

haven't made any dates yet but that is partly because it would not be fair to get a date when I am manic if they have not also known me while I have been in a depressive phase. I would also like to find someone who has at least one interest in common. (Yes, the point of a first date is to see if you have anything in common but I just feel that someone is more likely to accept my autism let alone my bipolar if they have an interest in common.) finally it is hard when I am in a manic phase but it would not be the end of the world if I end up spending all of my life alone.

•  i know for sure i have autism because i was given an official diagnoses and i still have all the signs but now that you mention bipolar i am like that a lot so perhaps i have both?

Reply Children