Background noises and NT

Ok firstly I was told people with aspergers call people neurotypicals NT .It's weird that now I have a diagnosis after 35 years now I am one of them people. Hope that doesn't sound rude.

Ok how are you all for background noises .can you filter themout.i find this hard.at the moment.i can hear the fridge .the wind.the leaves blowing on trees.theres a birds nest in the attic.i can hear them.i can hear my breathing.

Parents
  • I am very sensitive to background noise - particularly irritating is background music on TV programmes; I find it so very irritating I want to scream. Also really bad is music in shops. Shopping is really tough anyway, and the music makes it even more difficult to concentrate on deciding what you want to buy. I have to put my hands over my ears sometimes to try to block out the noise. However, I don't want to be totally deaf and do want to hear some noises when I am out.

I wish people would be as aware of this as they are, for example, of the fact that flashing lights can cause epileptic fits - they give a warning for that on the news to let you know it's coming, but wouldn't it be great if they would make "autism-friendly" TV programmes with little or no background music.

I was very happy when M&S decided to do away with music in their shops. Once, many years ago, I complained about the music and got the reply  "most of our customers like it", but the fact that they did away with it in the end surely contradicts that.

• Oh yes, the TV background noise.  I especially hate the YouTube background stuff which is so overwhelming.  Unfortunately my DH likes watching the YouTube vids and is deaf.  I can tune some stuff out, but most of the time I just put my headphones on.

• Oh yes, the TV background noise.  I especially hate the YouTube background stuff which is so overwhelming.  Unfortunately my DH likes watching the YouTube vids and is deaf.  I can tune some stuff out, but most of the time I just put my headphones on.

Children
No Data