Struggling with work's training

As with most employees I have to attend training in order to keep my knowledge up to date and ensure I'm compliant with my employer's policies and procedures. 

But, I've noticed over the last few years, staff are bringing in iPads to take notes rather than the humble pad and pen, which is what I still prefer. The point of this post is this, does anyone else struggle to focus when there are other noises going on in the room? I've managed to tolerate the overhead projector whirring away and even the odd cough or pen click. But now there is numerous tap, tap taps going on and I feel like up ending the table and storming out. 

I recently complained to the training team about it. I'm still not out to everyone at work and don't feel I have to, to justify my frustration. But does anyone have any tips to block out/filter the distracting noise as they all merge to make one loud head-drilling sound?

lee. 

Parents
  • Jordee said:
    But does anyone have any tips to block out/filter the distracting noise as they all merge to make one loud head-drilling sound?

You can get ear plugs that filter out particular types of sound, and also tech-tastic headphones that can be set to filter out exactly what you need to have filtered out - noise cancellation, vocal enhancement and all that sort thing.

Perhaps have a moogle on Google for 'noise-cancellation-headphones' and 'ear-plugs' maybe. 

• Earplugs may help, but don't want to draw attention to myself as the only autistic person in the session. I'm very self-conscious about being in there in the first place and headphones would be like waving a flag. Good advice though, thanks.

• The ear plugs - we are talking tech-tastic, and unvisible too. Specsavers do them with hearing tests if I recall correctly. Look before you buy and buy what you actually need, perhaps?

Reply Children
No Data