Really struggling with cleaning/ household tasks

I have just had a diagnosis of apsergers (with a fair amount of adhd traits too) at 38. I have a long history of depression and anxety. I am struggling most with executive functioning and it is the adhd traits that seem to be causing my the most problems at the moment. I have struggled for so long with keeping my house clean and uncluttered. My house is full of clutter and I am a huge procrastinator, have very low motivation and even if I do actually manage to do some housework I get distracted or can't seem to  do it for long. I get over whelmed by everything that needs to be done but also seem to have an issue with just doing a little bit at a time. 

I have been criticised by my husband and my parents for so long as they just couldn't understand why I found it all so difficult. I wish I could employ a cleaner and someone to help me organise things but I don't have the money. 

Any adivce woulde be much appreciated. I was only diagnosed last week and am still getting my head around it all. 

Parents
  • One has to clean or things get out of control.  I force myself to clean.

This was my late mother's house when she refused to clean for years.  I discovered that she refused to vacuum for around ten years despite owning a working vacuum cleaner.

With age she lost all perspective and put the plant pot there so no one would notice the mould.

Without cleaning the black and red mould got out of control  and spores in the air affects people breathing.

I always look at the above image to motivate me to clean.

• One has to clean or things get out of control.  I force myself to clean.

This was my late mother's house when she refused to clean for years.  I discovered that she refused to vacuum for around ten years despite owning a working vacuum cleaner.

With age she lost all perspective and put the plant pot there so no one would notice the mould.

Without cleaning the black and red mould got out of control  and spores in the air affects people breathing.

I always look at the above image to motivate me to clean.

Children
No Data