Adjustments in interviews

Hello.  I'm new here and I'm really hoping that someone can help.

Has anyone got any experience about asking for adjustments to the recruitment process, especially interviews?

I'm trying to help someone get a job and he is worried about not being able to answer questions in an interview situation even though he would be able to do the job itself well.

I've thought about asking for the interview questions in advance, but don't want to jeopardise his chances by putting off a potential employer.  He worries that it will look like he's 'cheating'.

We've looked at work placements which would lead to a job, but haven't had any success in getting him one.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that might help us?

Many thanks.

Kate

(Development worker)

Parents
  • recombinantsocks said:

Hi Aspergerix,

Asking for the list of interview questions is not a reasonable adjustment and would probably not be given.

In my opinion this is a reasonable adjustment.

This document from ONS (an org that probably has its share of people with autism) gives this as an example (see case study 1).

It does not create a great burden on the interviewer because the interviewer should be working with a fixed list of questions for each candidate to ensure that each candidate faces the same challenges. If the role does not require great conversational or communication skills then the ability to repond spontaneously in the interview need not be tested.

I think that document might be where I got the original idea from!  I just wasn't sure about how it might come across in a real interview situation.

• Hello, I'm trying to find the documenand case study you've mentioneabove. Do you have a link? 

Reply Children
No Data