CV

I am at that stage were i need to wright my CV and at 18 im beging to wonder if I should put the fact that I have aspergers on my CV, but I'm worried if I do that i won't be able to get a job because of how crewl the world of work is to those with apergers and austim.

Don't get me worng I'm not looking for a part time job just yet but i like to be perpered for everything and anything that could come up

Has anyone else been in this situation before

[name removed by moderator]

Parents
  • I would say (in most cases) a definite no. You don't need to state Aspergers on your CV any more than you need to state whether you have any other personality trait, or whether you are left or right handed. It is not an illness, so you are fully entitled to put "in excellent health" if asked on an application form. 

If the job is one where you know they are looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of autism, then you could mention it in a covering letter or "further info" on the application form, but if you are just starting out in work, this probably does not apply. 

Good luck Smile

• I would say (in most cases) a definite no. You don't need to state Aspergers on your CV any more than you need to state whether you have any other personality trait, or whether you are left or right handed. It is not an illness, so you are fully entitled to put "in excellent health" if asked on an application form. 

If the job is one where you know they are looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of autism, then you could mention it in a covering letter or "further info" on the application form, but if you are just starting out in work, this probably does not apply. 

Good luck Smile

Children
No Data