Dating Agencies for Asperger People

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but ..

My son is 38 , diagnosed with Aspergers at age 20 .

He has a very limited social life but is so wanting to find a girlfriend and has been joining various well known dating agencies online ( and spending quite a bit of money to do it Frown ) but he is finding it hard to accept that his aspergers may put people off .

I don't want him to feel that he is inferior to other folks , which he isn't , but I really don't think the websites he has been trying are suitable for him . Does anyone know if there are any "asperger friendly" sites that he could look at ?

Parents
  • Socially, undiagnosed aspies are everywhere

But that’s part of my point. They are, mostly, male, and it doesn’t nessiserally follow that an autistic man will find establishing a romantic conection with an autistic woman that much easier than with a neurotypical woman.

in the past I was more active in special interest groups and I was privalidged to make some wonderful female friends who shared my interests. However none of the women I were ever interested in felt the same way about me. In fact many almost seemed shocked I was interested in being something more than friends.

translating female friends into romantic conections is from my point of view a lot harder than it seems. My comparatively more nurotypical friends were much more successful. In fact many of them are now involved with the women with whom i was once interested.

It is clearly one of those secret neurotypical social tricks, how to take a frendship with a woman, who you have developed feelings for, and introduce them to the idea you might be more than friends without freaking them out.

its the kind of thing they don’t teach in books but really really ought to.

• They are, mostly, male,

Not in my experience.

However none of the women I were ever interested in felt the same way about me.

But that's down to how you present yourself and what you bring to the party.      There's a key for every lock.  Smiley

Reply Children
No Data